• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how long until use heroin again without withdrawals

get high

Bluelighter
Hey I've been clean for 10 days. I am wondering if I could use just once today and not feel extreme withdrawals the next day. Is this possible? I used for 6 months all day everyday. Most my withdrawal symptoms are gone now. Thanks

I just used after being exactly 10 days clean and I'm feeling so much better. I'm not looking forward to the aftermath though, I wonder if I use for the next 2 days then stop I'll be good? I hope so

If you use three days in a row, and you aren't even two weeks out from detox, do you honestly believe you'll be able to stop again easily ?

Perhaps you don't want to - that's ok, but be honest with yourself. Didn't detoxing suck enough to put you off ever having to do it again?

I just used after being exactly 10 days clean and I'm feeling so much better. I'm not looking forward to the aftermath though, I wonder if I use for the next 2 days then stop I'll be good? I hope so

In my experience, if you use for 3 more days again 10 days into withdrawal, you'll be back into pretty shitty withdrawal again on that 4th day.

you can't..... I barely use and one dose of heroin even nasally brings me slight w/d

if you use for 2 days youll probably get withdrawals, yes.

you need to take a month ideally, or even better: never again.

what youre attempting to justify here is where loads of people quitting heroin fail and relapse. you feel okay after withdrawal, but the heroin is still playing head-games with you; its very unlikely you'll stick to just using twice, and even if you do, youll most likely have more withdrawals.

You can't use heroin relationally forever. Eventually it will catch up with you, even if it takes a year. It's a slippery slope and I advise you stop while you can. Don't let yourself be fooled.

This question gets asked so many times. The real question is why do you even want to use dope again? If you are 10 days clean you are out of the woods and those terrible memories should still be really fresh. If you have one single session where you use once and do not redose maybe you wont get withdrawals but more then likely you will get something minor. So yes even one single use will lead to withdrawal, not the world ending type but the "i feel off today, why is today so bad, i bet if i just did a little bit like half a bag..." or something like that somehow you will justify doing a little bit more.

I used once when i was 1.5 years clean. Snorting the left overs in my girlfriends "empties" so i like got 4 of her 99% empty bags and snorted them I got so incredibly sick off of dust it was amazing, amazingly horrible! Fast forward to like 10 days later and i was an addict before i realized it. THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU.

An addict will NEVER in their lives be able to use opiates recreationally. I know people need to find things out for themselves but please for your sake accept the fact you are an full blown opiate addict again BEFORE you do dope once, even just once. Believe me it will make accepting it much easier I mean its only a week away might as well start calling yourself an addict again now ;)

This is from direct experience too and believe me I am actually "different" from a lot of addicts in that I dont bitch yet that shit brought me down to a pathetic level so fast. It is way more powerful in the life ruining aspect the second time around. It took 2 years to reach rock bottom the first time and 4 months the second time...

As suggested, you really have to realize that as opiate addicts, we will always be on that next slide down, no matter how far those first doses are spread apart.

We always need it one more time, because ultimately we want it all the time. One cannot avoid the archetype.

haha, looks unanimous! sorry dude, thems the breaks....

dont worry, were all as pissed off about it as you are!