• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long until I completely lose my opiate tolerance?

Whenever you are reincarnated into a new body

seriously. i had a terrible habit taking 600mg daily of oxycodone. sometimes 1200mg every once in a while. i know it seems unlikely but back 5+ years ago docs were over rx'ing

regardless i got high 6 YEARS later after being clean on 20 mgs and it was so weak. ended up needing about 90mgs just to get a solid high.

honestly man, get off and stay off while u can. ill bet my entire life savings if u continue to use itll only get worse. nothing good comes from using hard drugs.. nothing.

if u think ur WDs are bad now........lolll

look forward to life and furthering ur life, not ur drug habit.

I did have a period where I stopped for 9 months when I was younger (smoking MJ) and was prescribed percs and didn't have WDs after a bottle of 30 taken exactly as prescribed. But I was not thinking about opioids at that time. And I am again an addict but I relapsed some months later after that bottle of 5/325s.

Baiscally- I think if you are thinking about it and planning it then there is no way it will be long enough to go back. And it may never as other posters said. PAWS can take 6-18 months depending on the opioid so if there is hope I would say it would probably be sometime in that time period.

Everyone is different but last time I did anything I'd been clean for about a year and a half. My tolerance was still ridiculously high then w/d followed.

I was IVing 2-3 grams a day of H for almost 3 years. Quit for about 3 months and just a tiny amount up the nose(.03-.05g) was more than enough for me. Still get w/d even if i only do it for a day, just not bad. Also tolerance builds up a lot quicker. Hope this helps.