• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long to lower percocet tolerance?

snickers84

Greenlighter
I was prescribed percocet 10mg for osteonecrosis of my hips about 8 months ago. I usually take 1 in the AM and one at bedtime, but can take up to 4 a day, 6 hours apart if needed. This has been working well for me until this week. I can't tell I'm taking them. So I switched over to just Ibuprofen (can't take long term) because I know it's a tolerance issue. I have never abused my medication and i'm scared to ask my GP if I can increase the percocet because his nurse already treats me like a druggie. If I stop the percocet, will it start working for me again later? or will I build tolerance back up rather quickly?

Stop it for a few days I.E 2 days to a week and less will feel like more. If you're prone to getting withdrawals without taking them then wait til withdrawals kick in then wait another 24 hours to take it. In either case just wait. Could also try potentiating but since you're using it for pain that could be a slippery slope.

I've thought about potentiating it. Sometimes I take it with benadryl and sometimes with flexeril and for a lightweight like me it does the trick. I've got a 2,000 mile road trip in a week and it's going to kill me. I will wait to take another percocet until my roadtrip. Thanks for the advice.