• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long it lakes to alprazolam to leave my system?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
I take 8 mgs everyday. And now the holidays are coming I want to put some drinks down. I found no fun in benzos+alcohol, but I've made a fool of myself on 'em a lot of times. I wanna completely stay away from consuming them together. So with that dose, how much time it would take it untill there's no Xanax in my system?

I popped the last pills yesterday, around 11 pm, when will it be okay to drink?

If you take 8mg of alprazolam everyday, what makes you think it's smart to abruptly discontinue it, all just so you can drink ethyl alcohol? You do know that ETOH will lower your seizure threshold even lower than it will already be if you're in benzodiazepine withdrawal, putting you at even higher risk of seizures etc?

8mg's is a hell of a daily dose
suddenly stopping 8mg's daily can be disastrous on its own then adding in alcohol can easily end in a black out or a seizure or even worse
its not worth the possible risks to partake in the festive drinking this year
continue your daily xanax regimen and forget the drinking
maybe think about a taper soon?
...........your'e kind of shit out of luck

8mg's is a hell of a daily dose
suddenly stopping 8mg's daily can be disastrous on its own then adding in alcohol can easily end in a black out or a seizure or even worse
its not worth the possible risks to partake in the festive drinking this year
continue your daily xanax regimen and forget the drinking
maybe think about a taper soon?
...........your'e kind of shit out of luck

I didn't want to come up with that shit, but since you mentioned. Yepp, that year was a train wreck to me. Friends betrayed me, buddies ripped me off with money, and the girl I fell in love with said she doesn't want to talk to me at all. (She doesn't say hi when we meet.) I'll even spend the motherfucking New Years Eve alone, and it kills me when I think about it... It never happened before I always throwed big parties with a lot of people around. All I have now is these pills.

Enough of the boo-hoo shit, that's just bein real with you...

If you take 8mg of alprazolam everyday, what makes you think it's smart to abruptly discontinue it, all just so you can drink ethyl alcohol? You do know that ETOH will lower your seizure threshold even lower than it will already be if you're in benzodiazepine withdrawal, putting you at even higher risk of seizures etc?

This^^

As other people have said, dropping from 8mg to zero might kill you, so don't do it.
If you want to learn more about benzos and how to withdraw take a look at this site http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/
Times will get better, I hope you are alright :)