• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How long have you been taking pills and whats changed?

doofhard

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how long people have been taking pills and what has changed?

For an example me.

I took my first pill in 1998 very soon after I turned 18, over the next 2 years I rarely had pills just went to big raves and that was it and it would just be 1 pill. Then sometime after that probably about 2001-2 I went on a stupid run of going out on a weekly basis for probably 6-8 months starting on usually 2 pills but probably averaging 3-4 or more by the end of it, until I decided it was just a waste of money and probably brain cells.

I then took a small break for probably 2-3 months and fell back in the hole for a short time. But then I got better priorities, wanting to travel, start my own business etc and now I'm really happy to say I've traveled and will hopefully again travel for 6 months next year, I own my own business, which I think I should be able to sell with well enough money to do the overseas trip next year, I go out maybe once a month often more and if I have a whole pill I get destroyed in a good way.

What have I learnt from the experience, pretty much what this website teaches you, it's all about harm minimisation and moderation. I remember early in my days here I would brag that I don't get comedowns etc and there would be older wiser people telling people it will come keep it in moderation listen to your body and a whole lot of other gold information, i'm just happy that 7 years down the track I can still enjoy pills in moderation.

yep, in moderation is the go for sure. I hate going to raves and seeing ppl who are so far gone it is not funny.. Or hearing them say things like 'ive had 4, wanna have another'? etc etc
Ive been having pills for over 10 yrs now, no dramas, cept the one pill once that was a k pill, we didnt test it, but by the way it made me not be able to see for more than 3 feet in front of me, and wobbles and all sorts of horrid shit needed freinds to help me walk for like an hour. Me and my mate unfortunately racked them, im pretty sure it was k, as the dealer was a dick and i moved on very quick to other ppl. Oh yeah i remember must have been around 95 or somethin when somechick came upto me and asked me if she thought the pill she just bought was a pill, i used to know the taste and smell pretty well, anyway i said sure, it was orange, no markings, i tasted and it was vitamin c ! lol
So whats changed for me is education and awareness, especially with testing kits these days, that is great! Wish they had em mid or early 90's But you are always going to come across ppl who think they are indestructible..

doofhard said:
What have I learnt from the experience, pretty much what this website teaches you, it's all about harm minimisation and moderation.

Hey, great post and great attitude.

Three and half years now for me.

Things that have changed from my point of view.

• The pills are stronger
  • There appears to be less pills that are speed & K based
  • There are even more people doing it now and it's become more mainstream.
  • Probably as a result of that, it's even easier to get now.
  • I took more for a while, and now I take less. The longer you wait, the more you'll enjoy it when you do go out again. It's like anything good really, if you do it too often, it becomes boring. Tolerance is as much psychological as physical.
  • The rise of G and the growing popularity of K too
  • We in Melbourne now have to deal with sniffer dogs and drug busses.
  • My own taste in music and parties, also your desire to try new places/things.
  • The faces; the people that you see come and go from the scene.

I had my first pill when i was 24 and it was really strong Orange h.q. the originals .. i couldnt stop talking shit,i felt so happy,and one pill used to last me 3-4 hours even if they were just average mdma pills.But 5 years later i have noticed even with long breaks i.e. i had a break for 6 months then had a half and it was called a brown A,These were the bomb apparently as everyone around me was off their faces so i had one and it wasnt as i had remembered.I thought it may have been the pill but the same thing happens with any pill no matter how strong.So i have come to the conclusion that excess use of mdma will effect serotonin levels permanently.I still enjoy the feeling i get from pills but its not as Lovey and happy as it used to be :-( so i now know To only search/get pills that i know 100% are the goods just so im not wasting money.I use pillreports as a good guide to help me make my decision also but i do have a good contact so that also makes life a bit easier.I used to take up to 5-6 pills every weekend and sometimes alot more so i only have myself to blame.So now i only have one or two pills on a night out partying and thats it.

Later...

^^^^ i know what you mean (regarding not feeling the love anymore). I had my first pill ~2 years ago, and proceeded to have between 2 and 5 pills in a single night every single weekend for about 6 or 7 months. I totally went off them for a while, now i only ever have pills on public holidays with the rare exception, and i cant feel the love for shit like i used to. i hardly ever get visuals either.

i think its time to start double dumping :)

cool thread. Ive only been having fun for 5 months, not much has changed for me but day to day life seems to be less stressful and i can take shit in my stride rather than flip out n get all stressed! MDMA making you moody *pfff* it makes people level headed! is that what you meant by whats changed??

I know what you mean by not getting the same feeling(not as lovey) but its still fun, getting on towards 2 yrs 4 me, i just put this change down to the fact that the more you use it the better your able to handle it, sort of a psycological maturity to the effects of the drug which lets you control the effects a bit more.

I've been taking it pretty steadily for just over a year, and while i LOVE the ups, the downs can put me off a bit sometimes.

I have so many FANTASTIC memories of seeing DJs and just going off and the strong euphoric emotions that i'll remember for the rest of my life. But it's getting harder to feel this now, which is unfortunate.

When i first started i could take 2 pills and be content, but now i find myself taking on average 4 1/2 - 5 pills each time i go out which is every 1 - 2 weeks. Me thinks i need a break.

I had my first pill at 20 and im now 26.

Whats Changed??

-Ive lost that special sparkling feeling that made pills so desirable, I still LOVE them, but its never gonna be the same again!!!
-The Pills are definately stronger these days than back then
-The Pills out now are more than likely dont contain bogus chemicals due to things such as pill testers becoming such a well known thing amongst the scene
-The Price has dropped!!!
-Ive become a different person from my experience (which is a good thing)

Good thread. I've been dropping for about two and a half years now. I went silly like i think everyone does the first few months, taking in between one and three a night, going out every weekend basically. Lost some of the magic so decided to save the MDMA for speacial events like cool DJ's or mates birthdays. Have made these observations

- Pills are stronger and cheaper (could just be due to getting better contacts etc.)

- Have only had one known adulterated pill. Green heart, smushy pill, pure speed, but in a good way.

fuck in heaven

First one was on my 22nd birthday :)

Umm...I did them occassionally for about 6mths, then more regularly for 12mths. Now I'm back to every so often. My tolerance (physical and psychological) was very high, and I wasn't getting much out of them. Every few months is heaps better.

I see a lot of ppl who get over the pill honeymoon phase trying things like K, G, Coke etc. They're relatively easy to get once you're in the scene.

Duration....12 years

Frequency..15 per annum.

Strength...."Feel" as though they are stronger.

Overall....A positive, very positive addition to my life.

about 2 years, lost the plot the first 12 months, cant help but notice brain damage. havent had a pill in about 4 months but still my head aint working properly. changed my life for the better, just got to take the bad with the good.

doofhard said:
I was just wondering how long people have been taking pills and what has changed?

1988....and what has changed...well they are illegal now but weren't when we first tried them!!
:D

Hey Peoples
Yeah been dropping since 1999 but regulerly since 2003 and I must say its changed my tolerance level's but I do enjoy good MDMA pills these days. I can still have a great night of one or two bickie's and dont drop every weekend but yeah the rush aint as strong anymore : ( hehehe.
Peace LOve and Mungbeans

Since February of this year. Probably a few every two weeks. The thing I have noticed is that nothing I have had since Feb/March (i.e. Red Russians, Orange Butterflys, Green Mitsubishis) have been as good. Though now I always get closed eye visuals after a few pills which I enjoy. :)

a long time, there is not as much adulterated stuff at the moment.

Also as you get older you (generally) get better connections and hence better quality.

as for me 10 years

im 21 now and ive been taking them for 3 years. there was a period of about a year where i went silly with them but i leave them for special occasions now as frequent use messes with my head space.

things that have changed (from my point of view)

* the quality of pills has gone down on an average
* younger people are taking them (12 yr olds!)
* they are more common
* i think ive grown out of them and i cant be bothered dealing with the day after on a weekly basis anymore :p

skiingseth said:
cool thread. Ive only been having fun for 5 months, not much has changed for me but day to day life seems to be less stressful and i can take shit in my stride rather than flip out n get all stressed! MDMA making you moody *pfff* it makes people level headed! is that what you meant by whats changed??

You'll see what everyone means after you hit them hard for 6 months or so.

Personally, I started in July 2004. Got into them pretty hard and pretty quickly (within 2 months of starting, I was doing 2 every 1-2 weekends). Fast forward a year, I've now seen how detrimental the aftermath of pilling can be towards your friendships and relationships, so I'm now having multiple month breaks, and taking it a lot easier.

Started 2003.. After my first one i didnt have any for about 6 months and then i started taking them about once a month. Since August last year i've been going at it pretty hard, which i reget. At the start I was having 1 or 2 on a friday night at a club which would make me enjoy the whole night with mad visuals and wanting to hug every single person. Now i'm taking minimum 5 a night, plus coke and a shit load of base.

Over the last 3 weeks i have realised just how bad and f*cked up this is...

I used to dance all night when i first started going to the club but now i just sit on my arse all night... I cant get up for some reason, i dont have visuals and i dont really feel like talking to people. And if i do get up its just to go for a random walk..

I've been straight for the last 3 weeks at the club and i've f*cking loved it!!! I dance for the whole night, and knowing that if something goes wrong with a friend i will be in the right state of mind to help makes me happy.

Things that i have noticed that have changed in my daily life, well i get heaps angry over nothing!! I was running late for work and i couldnt find my other black sock, so i started yelling at my mum "where the f*ck is my f*cking sock???!!??", this went on for about 10 minutes, lol if i'd just calmed down i would have found it so much quicker!! haha And i never talk to my mum like that normally.

My mood swings were getting so bad, over the last week though i have noticed i have been alot happier. I was getting so depressed at one point that i would be driving home from work and then just burst into tears...

Also i never used to eat after a night out, lately i've been wanting food on the way home, so its always Maccas breakky, and then i'd want food when i got home, and then sleep and then eat more food when i woke up. haha dunno whats going on there but i though pills were supposed to suppress ur apetite??

After you've been taking pills for a while you get to know more people, and it has ended up being heaps cheaper than when i first started, thats probably why i kept going for so long.

I dont regret doing it because i have made some friends that i know i will have forever but i just regret going at it so hard. I still want to have them occasionally but i'd rather stay straight for the moment.