• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe how long have you been on bupe for!? or can stay on bupe!?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I've always wondered how long I can ride this out for before something changes!?

I am BACK on bupe after coming off a 3 year RIPPING RUN of shooting 1-2G's of dope a day. I started off at 16/MG 4 months ago and now at 12MG's. I'd like to get down to 8MG (once in the AM - I always prefer one dosage rather than 2) and then let it be from there.

I feel, do, am so much better when taking bupe; I have no cravings, I live a somewhat "normal" life and can save money and be a good son, boyfriend, human being in general.

I have no intention on ever getting off but always wondered how long I can truly ride this out; people say things change over time but I've never been on bupe alone longer than 9 months. my first experience w/ bupe was 3 years ago after an OD and I started at 24MG while in a psych ward and 9 months later I was down to 4MG before slipping up and going on one of the worst "runs" of my life.

so w/ that being said, I'd like to stay on 8MG for as long as possible; even the rest of my life, I dont care.. but always wondered, since this is somewhat of a new drug, how long someone can ride this bupe wave!? sure, people been on methadone for 10+ years but who here has been on bupe for over 5 years and still feel it works the same and you are able to stay away from that urge?

Good question, I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary w/ bupe. But you already know my story lol, we have the same plans. But ya I would like to see what others say, because while I don't crave other opiates anymore. I know that without my doses I wouldn't be able to stay away.

Good question, I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary w/ bupe. But you already know my story lol, we have the same plans. But ya I would like to see what others say, because while I don't crave other opiates anymore. I know that without my doses I wouldn't be able to stay away.

lol, exactly dude.

I have no plans on EVER getting off, if possible.. but I wonder who has been on it the longest and what they are doing/going through as of now. Its not methadone which is why I ask; its also relatively new to many, and to the market, so would like to see who has been on it the longest and what their thoughts are.

I went through the suboxone thread but its a fucking pain in the butt, man! ha. if they expect me to search then that FORGETTTABOUTTTTITTTT!

Ive been on bupe for about 5 yrs now ranging from 20 mg a day down to .5 mg every other day and am currently on about 3 mg a day. The efficacy of this med is about the same as when I started and I rarely crave any full agonists. If I want to get high I can smoke some herb and be ok as long as I have my bupe for the day.