• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How long for fentanyl to kick in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ap1153

Greenlighter
Everywhere I've looked I can't find a direct answer. All I see is people saying be careful and other BS. All I want to know us HOW LONG does it take for me to feel something after I place the patch on me or chew it or whatever. I chewed a very small piece then put another very small piece on my gums then put the rest of the patch on my arm it's been an hour and nothing and I don't wanna do anymore until I know for sure. Now these are 50mcg/hr patches and I have a decent opioid tolerance (80mg oxycodone gets me feeling ok). Please somebody that knows what they are talking about answer

You have a tolerance. That's why you may not be able to feel it as quick as you wish. Also, don't even say BS about fentanyl. That shit IS NOT A JOKE. People OD quite a bit.

We do not do how to get high threads. I suggest you re think your phrasing if you wish to post again.

Closed

I have something to add that I feel is really important. With the fent patches, it can take hours for it to reach peak effects. In fact, it can take more than a full day before the fent patch reaches it's maximum plasma concentration when it's used as directed (actually applying the patch to your skin).

I would not assume it's only tolerance​. Something else to keep in mind is that fent is notorious for causing respiratory depression without being particularly euphoric. It's very possible to keep taking more and more to try to break through your tolerance only to find out you've taken enough to OD hours later.

In short, the fent patches can take many hours to kick in, so wait at least several hours before redosing. I'm less familiar with how quickly it's absorbed through the gums, so I can't really help you there. At any rate, I wouldn't keep redosing, and please use the search engine to learn more about how to safely use the fent patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.