• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long does Ritalin last for you?

mitjagasperin

Greenlighter
I have observed in myself that it takes about 30min to start and that after 1h40min it mostly ends. I have been taking 15mg pills and I do have ADHD. Besides the original question I am baffled by why doctors prescribe 2-3 doses a day. Even if it lasted for 3 hours, which it does not, that would still mean that you should take 4 doses a day.

The effects should last around 4-6 hours after ingestion, this could mean that you're a fast metabolizer
Have you tried the extended release version?

Just from memory the duration was about 2 hours, but I was launched in about 10/ 20 mins after ingesting.

Very hardcore stimulant, could even be a usefull one weren't it for the even more hardcore side effects.

The pharmakinetics of Methylphenidate are less uniform and more dependant on individual factors. Even diet. Compared to those of Dextro-amfetamine. At least that was my understanding.

Just from memory the duration was about 2 hours, but I was launched in about 10/ 20 mins after ingesting.

Very hardcore stimulant, could even be a usefull one weren't it for the even more hardcore side effects.

The pharmakinetics of Methylphenidate are less uniform and more dependant on individual factors. Even diet. Compared to those of Dextro-amfetamine. At least that was my understanding.

Aren't dextroamphetamine's severely affected by diet as well? That was my experience, man if I ate something spicy (or worse drank something with high amounts of citric acid) it felt like i'd consumed half of what I actually ingested. Especially citric acid, man that will kill your buzz quick.

What were your side effects? I don't experience many side affects at all, and I take 112mg (time release) literally everyday. Personally I consider it a mild stimulant, at least compared to adderall or focalin (focalin is goodshit) and even then those aren't too bad.

You want hardcore stimulants, try Meth.

Last edited:
The effects should last around 4-6 hours after ingestion, this could mean that you're a fast metabolizer
Have you tried the extended release version?

In my experience the generics these days last about half as long as the brand. Man would I kill for some brand name stims, the generic's are just crap. I'm on 56mg of (generic) methylphenidate ER and it usually only lasts 3 or 4 hours, after that it drops down to bascially nothing. I've actually taken a nap four hours after taking one...

Aren't dextroamphetamine's severely affected by diet as well? That was my experience, man if I ate something spicy (or worse drank something with high amounts of citric acid) it felt like i'd consumed half of what I actually ingested. Especially citric acid, man that will kill your buzz quick.

What were your side effects? I don't experience many side affects at all, and I take 112mg (time release) literally everyday. Personally I consider it a mild stimulant, at least compared to adderall or focalin (focalin is goodshit) and even then those aren't too bad.

Methylphenidate taken orally has a bioavailability of 11?52%

vs (both from wikipedia as I am lazier even then usual)

The oral bioavailability of amphetamine varies with gastrointestinal pH;[135] it is well absorbed from the gut, and bioavailability is typically over 75% for dextroamphetamine

"Its mechanism of action is not understood, but may be associated with its influence on multiple neurotransmitters, especially the release and reuptake of dopamine in the striatum. There is marked individual variability in the dose-response relationship for methylphenidate, and therefore dosage must be titrated for optimal effect and avoidance of toxicity in each child. It is unclear whether this variability is predominantly pharmacokinetic or pharmacodynamic"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10628897

But thats not were I got my info from, I was on Methylphenidate very very long ago. Did have short course on a sustain relase form in combination with a lowered dose of DextroAmphetamin. That allowed a somewhat lower dose of Methylphenidate. With that and the time realase the side effecs were still there but more bareable. Racing hart, the sweats, appetite surpression, tremors, chills and the horrible crash, also known as rebound effects. The added Amphetamin worked quite well on that part.

The only side effect a effective dose of DextroAmphetamin produces for me is cotton/ dry mouth. And although less effective for me on ADD it's lack of annoying side effects makes it way more usefull as medication.

Glad it's more and more documented at the time I was litterally talking to a brick wall when I explained how the IR version worked on me. Had to change dr's to get a second opinion.
"The pharmacokinetics (PK) of MPH have been reported to display large unexplained interindividual variability (IIV)9, 10, 11 and certain studies indicate a 30‐fold difference in MPH serum concentrations 1 h postdose12 and up to a sevenfold difference in maximal concentrations"
fromhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5351003/

Last edited:

Well for me dextro-Amphetamine is consistant and has a favorable profile. My diet seems to have little effect. Methylphenidate was consistant in shortcomings. Speaking from pers exp on ir Methylphenidate the effects are to shortlived to be functional. But my main problem with it are the unnecessary stress it gives. Especially when there is a more wellrounded alternative with markedly lesser stress response.

The way it seemed more hardcore was it's quick onset and peak effects and sharp decline and crash. It's also snortable making it more recreational. But a disaster medically, if going for a phenidate, dextro-methylphenidate sustainted release seems like an improvement.

For the record, I have extracted dextro-Amphetamine, snorted it and plugged it. But failed to get any mayor Amphetamine like euphoria, and accompaning fiending, from it.
Comparied to d/l-Amphetamine (speed) which is snortable but devoid of any mayor rush apon insuflation. But get's euphoric.

Never tried or saw any meth-Amphetamine in my life. But get euphoria from speed, d/l-Amphetamine. But Methylphenidate is hardcore in a sense akin to a Cocaine high. Missing at many points but as reference.

My not getting along with Methylphenidate caused me a lot's of trouble with dr's. There was very little understanding of individual response to the drug. A vegan diet seemed to impact the pharmacokinetics in a negative way if I recall correctly. You into nut's and beans and currently not roasting any dead animals mitjagasperin. Btw hoped this wall of inf helps you out a bit.

Last edited:
Methylphenidate lasts roughly 45-90min for me, followed by an unpleasant, heart palpitate-y comedown. Like the above poster, I see it as being more similar to cocaine than to amphetamines, but without the euphoric aspect. It wasn't bad snorted and combined with alcohol. I ultimately preferred the d-methylphenidate (focalin), but they're honestly still terrible stimulants IMO. So many side effects!

Ritalin is too short acting for me..I started my rampage of stimulants when I was 14 by a psychiatrist and have been addict since (about twenty years now). First started with Ritalin (what a honeymoon that was) and escalated to meth (current). I over extended my welcome to Ritalin about five years into my stimulant addiction. It went from pretty to Extremely disastrous. This drug is very dirty, has many negative side effects and I believe will trigger episodes of mania, depression and psychosis faster then any other stim. I highly suggest avoiding methylphenidate during your break from meth
It will either (A) do absolutely nothing for you, or (B) be a distaster, and waste of time money and energy, and prolly last an hour or two tops. Your best bet is to stick with adderall or dex-amp. And even that, will be hard cause of how high your tolerance is

Ritalin is too short acting for me..I started my rampage of stimulants when I was 14 by a psychiatrist and have been addict since (about twenty years now). First started with Ritalin (what a honeymoon that was) and escalated to meth (current). I over extended my welcome to Ritalin about five years into my stimulant addiction. It went from pretty to Extremely disastrous. This drug is very dirty, has many negative side effects and I believe will trigger episodes of mania, depression and psychosis faster then any other stim. I highly suggest avoiding methylphenidate during your break from meth
It will either (A) do absolutely nothing for you, or (B) be a distaster, and waste of time money and energy, and prolly last an hour or two tops. Your best bet is to stick with adderall or dex-amp. And even that, will be hard cause of how high your tolerance is

Exact same thing for me. I’d have to take about 15 10mg ritz to even feel anything. I will never go back to taking it. Now I’m scripted Addys and they work just fine.

stimulants seem to have become a bit of a fad diet tool in secular culture, so I'll just roll with be careful of your stomach lining should you ingest stimulants and maybe take care of your intestinal bacteria at the same time to ensure nothing too long term emerges from extended use.