• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How long does OxyContin take to kick in & is there a way to safely snort it or speed it up

FinKarma

Bluelighter
Anyone have any idea about the timeframe for OxyContin ER starting to kick in? Any idea how to make it happen faster? I used to do the OxyContin back in the day thru the nose like Toucan Sammy and loved it. I know that all changed years ago because I was an addict That was like 1-2 years into my addiction (it was still so much fun back then with friends and following bands like we were groupies) when the switch happened. I remember people used to like microwave it to cook out the brown, and there was a fine line between burning and making it snortable. Is there any easy at home way to make red OxyContin 30’s snortable thats somewhat easy and “safe”? I know nothing is safe entirely, just trying to reduce risk vs trying some crazy untried / untrue internet garbage. I feel like it takes hours to feel the effects when I swallow them. Is it just me? Ugh. Help a bitch our pwease? I just took a few and am waiting impatiently, this sucks. Is it in my head?

Not sure if they are the type of ER that require stomach acids and enzymes to break down but if not chewing them up should help

Yeah I chewed one and just swallowed the other. Was hoping there was a way to soak them in something to speed it up, but like I’ve left them in liquid and turned them to sludge and that takes forever and I don’t know the science behind it / if it actually helps or even hinders it. Or better yet a way to make the snortable that won’t gel up or choke me like.

Am in Great Britain so my 80s and 60s are plug and play
Crush sniff smile in that order
You’re so lucky. Mine are red 30’s with the weird coating you can get off, but if you crush them or grind them up they gel up in the nostrils And clog so they won’t go down.

Shouldn't take more than 20 mins if you chew it up, maybe faster
Thank you. First actual response about them time. I don’t normally chew them. Either way it feels like it’s an hour before I start to really feel it like I want to. Dont want to Take too many before class starts, I’ve still gotta fix my hair and shower before class at noon. Ugh. FML.

You’re so lucky. Mine are red 30’s with the weird coating you can get off, but if you crush them or grind them up they gel up in the nostrils And clog so they won’t go down.
Wouldn’t really call it lucky tbh probably bad karma caught up with me after sailing the sea of drugs for over twenty years without beating every other addiction out there probably because it’s so easy to get the fuckers legal and other wise where I am it’s benzodiazepines we cannot lay hands on legally anymore and that is a fucking bitch

Not sure if the 80 OPs are the same now, but I remember I could take a hose clamp and it would form a nice powder, it was just a lot of powder.

Chewing them won't help much as, if I remember correctly, Purdue's formula specifically addressed that by allowing it to regel up and maintain the time release.

Easiest way for all the OP formulation, including the 80s, is just swallowing them honestly.

Sniffed 40mg it as its so fucking acting mmmmm, miss those only done them for 10 dats just to try them as I'd always wanted to

With the new anti-abuse stuff, they are impossible to snort, in my opinion. They are literally like flat pancakes when you try to crush. I used to put them in Emergen-C and water and let the active ingredients dissolve for about an hour, then drink it straight down. It is not snorting, but it gets all the oxy in your system fast.

Hydrochloric Acid + Time will get around any abuse deterrent formula, just make sure u neutralize the acid with alkali before consumption lol.