• 💊 Other Drugs 💊 Welcome back Guest!

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Notable Threads 1 Notable Threads 2
    Notable Threads 3 Addiction Support
    Emergency Services Benzo Guide v.1
    Addiction Stories Scary Case Studies
    Biology, Pharmacology & Drugs 101

Bupe How long does IV buprenorphine take to kick in?

NeoLid

Greenlighter
I usually snort my subs, but decided to to try iv. I did 9mg (15mg snorted is my usual dose) its been about 20 minutes and im barely feeling anything. I read somewhere even IVed it can take up to an hour to kick in. So did I just fuck up my shot or is it gonna kick in a bit. Ill find out soon.

But my real question is if it does take an hour to kick in why is that, isnt iv supposed kick in within a few seconds for any drug?

Stargazer

Moderator: H&R
Staff member
3 mins at most. It can take up to 30mins for full effect, but you feel it quickly

JessFR

Moderator: CEPS
Staff member
I dunno about bupe, I've never IVed bupe. Actually I've never taken bupe for maintainence therapy at all, just methadone. But with any other drug I've IVed the results have always been immediate. Maybe a couple seconds delay at most.

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words
Staff member
Life has no meaning, yet I keep searching...
~ 1-3 minutes, please please please don't use such a high dose. Sometimes quicker? Been so many years.

If you're truly in withdrawal the first dose might not be felt, a second one is kind of necessary (or "double up" but I was not accustomed to doing that; hindsight is always 20/20); at the time my doses were < 1mg.

axe battler

Bluelighter
Captain H. When you were using doses of less than 1mg, did you find euphoria with these doses, even with daily dosing? I remember your bupe taper with low IV doses.
Was this because you got pleasant effects daily, or did you just have trouble giving up the needle?
Currently on 80mg methadone daily and the positive effects have finally run their course after about a year.
I'm considering reducing and going on subutex, not IV, but on a low dose, as I've heard this can be more effective for pain (both physical and imagined).
Cheers!