• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long does it take for the full effects of the long acting metabolites produced by Diazepam&what r they?

Well you would be stabilized off of a single dose. Diazepam is a rapid acting Benzodiazepine with a fairly short duration of action. Really it is more comparable to Xanax than Klonopin

And after coming off WD would start 4-12 hours later. Again, there just isn't really a build up with Valium. If your taking very large doses, it's semi active metabolite, and Partial Agonist, Nordazepam might buy you a little more time

Valium is HIGHLY lipophillic, which is why the Plasma T1/2 you are asking about just really does not matter

What dose you on?

The Dr. says I only needed to take it once a day. Your saying it can take 4-12 hours for the withdrawal symptoms to begin? Why would people recommend something like Diazepam to taper down from benzos with if it's like Xanax which is like the worse thing to taper with? I'm so confused now.

^ Because Ashton misunderstood how Benzodiazepines work. You NEVER take Valium once a day, you need to show your Dr the hard facts

Even in the crazy detox center I was in, they gave me Tranxene/Nordazepam qid (4X a day, 3x per diem at the end) and Nordazepam is an intermediate acting Benzodiazepine that last longer than Diazepam (it is the Main Metabolite of DZP)

Xanax actually last longer than Valium, read the link on the previous page; Valium is a terrible choice for tapering unless you have a low tolerance

Klonopin is a long lasting Benzodiazepine that can actually be taken once or twice per day. Ask to be switched to that, or for tid Valium

Yes wd from Valium starts quickly; and if you want this thread to read better read the link JO gave you (it is another, VERY useful thread) and give us some details, like what Benzodiazepine are you coming off of, and what dose of Valium did your insane Dr give you once per day?

I may repost the link for you

^^^^ In the first post is a link, "Short acting vs long acting "Benzodiazepines, which explains why Valium wears off so fast and why people were confused when the Ashton manual was written. It explains Xanax actually lasts longer than Valium

PLEASE read this; it shall answer a lot of your questions

Remember, Valium typically last 1.5-5 hours for epilepsy (I have seizures, believe me) clonazepam last 8-12 hours and can hold wd for 24 hours with a high enough dose

I simply am stunned a Dr would give Valium once per day - Wtf do they go to medical school for???

Anyway give that a read and give us some detail

And I would split your Valium into a pair of doses

Lorne out - for now 😎

I was prescribed clonazepam as a muscle relaxer at first I was on Diazepam. My Dr. says Clonazepam is the only Benzodiazepine that's approved for long-term use. (or that he's willing to let me use longterm) except I don’t want to stay on it for life for obvious reason. Why is everyone recommending to switch from clonazepam to Diazepam?

I’m getting like opposite answers here not to mention all the different opinions from Doctors and from reading the bluelight forums and benzobuddies.org?

So the Ashton Manual is wrong and everyone saying that using Diazepam to wean down with instead is a way better option since it lasts a lot longer than Clonazepam? Yet your saying the opposite and than Clonazepam lasts longer which most places say the elimination half-life is typically 30-40 hours?

What am I not understanding here?

It is real simple: Valium wears off quickly and takes effect rapidly; Klonopin has a delayed onset yet an extended duration (so does Lorazepam)

Just Google "Diazepam duration " or "diazepam duration vs half-life"

Valium is a short acting, rapid onset Benzodiazepine; Klonopin is a slow onset, long duration Benzodiazepine

The Ashton manual is completely wrong

Did you read the link I posted? It explains everything

There really is nothing wrong with taking Klonopin long term if you do not abuse it

Just remember: Ashton WRONG; even nordazepam, which has a T1/2 of 50-200 hours, is only an intermediate Benzodiazepine

According to Wikipedia, IV Valium last 15 minutes to 1 hour and the distribution t1/2 via any route is less than 15 minutes

Another source says 1.5-5 hours duration, despite long plasma half-life.

Read the link I posted

Ya I got it loud and clear? I sent a PM hoping you can help me out with another question? You don't think brain shrinkage from long-term use is wrong? Or increased chances of tolerance withdrawal the higher the dose gets and the older you get and the more likely that will happen and paradoxical reactions in the elderly.

I know those are very unlikely to happen but still if it did that would be bad.

Brain problems would only come with long term abuse; many people take Klonopin there whole life and never have problems