• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long does it take for Oxy to kick in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be insulting. And my apologies if I’m making incorrect assumptions or coming across as demeaning.

But asking about the onset of effects can be interpreted as a question from a novice, inexperienced user.

If that is the case, and you really ate 120mg of oxy, I would advise you to seek medical attention.

If that is not the case, and you have sufficient tolerance, 30 minutes seems to be a rough average for onset.

Yes 120 mg is quite way too much if you don't have a tolerance.

Yes, if you have never used oxycodone before, and you just took 120mg, I agree with shartito, you should seek help.
If, however, you have a relatively high tolerance, it usually takes 30-45 minutes to kick in for me at least.

120 mg is a lot

even after years of abuse I wouldn't consider that in one go.

I relapsed after 2 months, and had an ungodly tolerance to opiates. 60mg of IR oxy nearly killed me. It was the most hardcore nod I ever experienced, couldn't keep track of where I was nodded all over the place, lasted 12 hours too from oxy that is ridiculous. Only time in 5 years of railing heroin and taking any opiate/opioid I could get my hands on and this was the one and only time that afterwards I sensed and knew that I was on the brink of dying alone in a basement, not even knowing my name. And that dose when I was dependent might hold me over for the morning just barely I'd still be miserable with that... more like triple or quadruple that dose would have been okay for a few hours after 5 years of abuse. It was the best high I ever got out of this family of drugs though, but so not worth it and it led to a 2 week relapse about a week later that I am still recovering from 5 days later.

Your dose is way too high. I nearly fuckin died off 60mg man as a long term user, mixed with a valium though but still. Start with 10mg, 15mg max.

I relapsed after 2 months, and had an ungodly tolerance to opiates. 60mg of IR oxy nearly killed me. It was the most hardcore nod I ever experienced, couldn't keep track of where I was nodded all over the place, lasted 12 hours too from oxy that is ridiculous. Only time in 5 years of railing heroin and taking any opiate/opioid I could get my hands on and this was the one and only time that afterwards I sensed and knew that I was on the brink of dying alone in a basement, not even knowing my name. And that dose when I was dependent might hold me over for the morning just barely I'd still be miserable with that... more like triple or quadruple that dose would have been okay for a few hours after 5 years of abuse. It was the best high I ever got out of this family of drugs though, but so not worth it and it led to a 2 week relapse about a week later that I am still recovering from 5 days later.

Your dose is way too high. I nearly fuckin died off 60mg man as a long term user, mixed with a valium though but still. Start with 10mg, 15mg max.

That's a. It extreme. Agree with principle, though 30mg (by itself) is like 10mg IV morphine, ~20mg M'done...

And Oxy IV commonly lasts 12 hours, as it is double the potency of PO(oral) and very high doses of PO oxycodone can do the same.

Remember, Duration of Action is dose dependent

This is getting a little off-topic and isn't suited for other drugs.

OP, if you still need advice on your dosage, please post in basic drug discussion and provide some more details such as tolerance, concurrent drug use, etc. BDD also has conversion charts that can answer most questions about dosing.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.