• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long does fluoxetine stay in the constitution?

prozapro

Greenlighter
I'm leaving Prozak which I took 10mg a day. When can I safely collect something that MAO A contains? Apparently Fluoxetine goes away longer than other antidepressants. How long ?

I couldn't answer that question . I do know maoi's don't mix well with alot of medicine.
Can you see a doctor about this? I don't feel comfortable even suggesting a time frame.
Sorry i couldn't be of help, hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this will chim in

**I did find this regarding the 1/2 life and its usually 5× the 1/2 life to be out of your system

"With time, fluoxetine and norfluoxetine inhibit their own metabolism, sofluoxetine elimination half-lifechanges from 1 to 3 days, after a single dose, to 4 to 6 days, after long-term use. Similarly, the half-life of norfluoxetine is longer (16 days) after long-term use."

I could find a few articles on Google. Here is one snippet:

The elimination half-life of the active ingredient “fluoxetine” ranges from 2 to 7 days. This means that it could take up to a full week after you've completely stopped taking Prozac for your body to rid itself of just 50% of the fluoxetine" However, how long you've been on Prozac also depends on how long it stays in your system ...

I have been taking prozac for over a year. As in this case, it can go a long way ?

If you have been taking it daily for over a year, it can take over a month (not sure on the exact time frame) of abstinence from the drug to reach it's HALF LIFE. I read it on Google somewhere, but yes, steady concentrations for a considerable period means you would be looking at AT LEAST 6 weeks for it to completely leave your system.

Other forum members might have more advice on Prozac -- what I gave you is what I found on Google. Check it out. There is a wealth of info on Prozac.