• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long do you have to wait to take suboxone after taking H?

iteek

Greenlighter
My background...
So I'm 19. I have been using heroin for about 9 months and I want to get of the stuff.
I smoke about .4g a day (not a big habit I know, but still get withdrawals).
I smoked about .3g this morning at 07:00 and about .1 if that at 16:30. Would I be alright to take 4mg of suboxone tomorrow at around 13:00?
I have read you should wait 12-24 hours. If anyone has any experiences or information it would be great!

Just wait till you feel sick don't go by anyone else's timeline cause we all metabolise substances at a different pace. You got to be in moderate physical withdrawal before taking buprenorphine.

Having to wait untill you are actually sick instead of being able to stave off the withdrawls(like you can with methadone)was definitely the hardest part of starting suboxone IME.

I have made the mistake of taking suboxone too soon. It brought on the most horrendous withdrawal I have ever had in 10yrs of opiate use. Once you think your sick enough wait another 12hrs. Good luck

most doctors say 24hrs is the best time frame, however I have done heroin, and have not been in full withdrawl 24hrs later and have went into Precip WD from this, #1 wait until your truly in withdrawl, don't take just because ur feeling withdrawl, take when u know u are truly sick (imagine urself sick without any opiates and at that breaking point) that's the best time to take..start at low doses, 2mg and under if for opioid maintenance and work ur way up , u can avoid too much precip WD at a low dose in case u are too early

And I forgot to add that if u can get ur hands on some of the downer u pref fur like alc/bnzo/kratom or clonidine. use these to hold out as long as possible b4 taking the sub.(don't IV). After u finally take the bupe, if ur not worse in 20-45min u should be good.