• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long can you do heroin without a withdrawal?

xiuxiu123

Greenlighter
SWIM is going back to Vancouver for a visit and wondering how many days do you think you can do heroin in a row and not experience withdrawal? With how many days off in between?

SWIM was thinking 3 days on with 2 days off? Is that safe?

Cheers

Welcome to Bluelight! Just for future reference we don't swim here.

If you are talking from a purely physical dependence then you should be fine (in a perfect world) where psychological addiction doesn't occur. The fact is you are playing with fire.

To answer your question "Is that safe?"
I would have to say "No." But I'm guessing I won't convince you that it isn't work the risk. Try limiting yourself to 2 days on, 2 days off. If you start breaking your own rules then know you are on the fast road to addiction. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Are you shooting, smoking or snorting?

according to author william s. burroughs 'It takes at least three months' shooting twice a day to get any habit at all.' but your own mileage may vary.

Until you run out of money! Yes got it before anyone else.

But realistically it varies so much from person to person that you will never get an answer that mirrors yours. For me it took maybe 3 months of shooting daily for me to run out of money for a long enough period to notice that i get sick after about 2 days but before then i was able to keep it once daily for a while without really noticing it. Withdrawal also builds up so yeah that first time it was like 3 days of no sleep after 2-3 days of no dope but once i got heavy maybe 6 months after first shooting, not first using, it got bad after 24 hours then 18 then 12.

after using for 48 hours u will feel sick and have withdrawal symptoms such as a sick feeling in ur muscles and a host of other issues which will last probably 12-24 hrs. IV is even worse. be careful

This is such a hard question to answer, as all of our bodies/opiate receptors are different.

I've witnessed people chip a few times a week for a month with zero withdrawals and others use daily for a week and have intense withdrawals.
Me thinks it also depends on the cut as well. If there are various ingredients other than heroin, your body has to detox from those as well.

Is there a possibility to obtain suboxone, kratom, or other meds to help in case withdrawal sypmtoms hit you hard?

It depends on if you've had a tolerance and kicked before.
The more times you kick the quicker you get dependent after you start again.
The rule of thumb is if you use for 3 days you'll get some sort of withdrawl when you stop, but the system you have there could work well, I'd suggest 2 on 2 off just to be careful BUT if you have kicked many many times you can withdrawl after only one or two uses

I think as others have said 2 days on 2 days off would be ideal. From what I've heard it's the third shot on the third day that gets you hooked weather this is true or false I can't confirm as I've used heroin but never luckily become physically addicted.

FYI I've done it two days on and a week off and I didn't have any problems

according to author william s. burroughs 'It takes at least three months' shooting twice a day to get any habit at all.' but your own mileage may vary.

Well he said that if you're first time user. He also says if you used before it much quicker to get a habit

as a former addict, i cant use for more than 2 days in a row without being sick. these days i try stay away entirely.
even after one day the desire to redose is so strong its almost impossible not to

Thanks the the replies guys!

I will be IV-ing. It seems the consensus is recommending 2 days on with 2 days off so I think I will stick to that!

I have kicked many times so my body probably will get back into dependency quicker than if I was a new user.

Cheers!

as a former addict, i cant use for more than 2 days in a row without being sick. these days i try stay away entirely.
even after one day the desire to redose]is so strong its almost impossible not to

this is so freaking true. The psychological addiction never completely goes away.

even after one day the desire to redose is so strong its almost impossible not to

Agreed.

If you've already been physically and mentally dependent in the past then using even 2 days is enough to bring back WD symptoms.

If you're a new user you have more time. It is easy to get into using it often and having it become part of your day. I suppose it also depends on why you're using. If you feel like you just don't give a fuck and keep using, then you're eventually going to fuck yourself over.

My first run in with heroin had me using daily for 2 weeks. At that point in time it was the longest I ever used straight and I was ok when I stopped. However the desire to use again had gotten much stronger. Probably enough to say I was already mentally addicted at that point. Prior to the heroin I had been using oxy a few times a week, so I was well on my way to an addiction even if I hadn't used dope.

I just realized I wouldn't even know. Once I touched codeine, it was a fast train into the realm of heroin. Needless to say that I've already spent more time taking methadone and buprenorphine than I did taking morphine/heroin etc.

I've noticed on several threads you're a fan of WHB. I've been a fan of his work for years, but we have to also realize every brain/body is different. I don't take every theory/case study of his as fact in every case.

I'd love to talk more about him, but don't want to thread hijack. As someone who's worked in the medical field almost 20 years now and dealt with addiction 20+ years, I try to always give answers based on my medical/life experience.

Sorry to ramble, opana dose is kicking in. Lol.

I just realized I wouldn't even know. Once I touched codeine, it was a fast train into the realm of heroin. Needless to say that I've already spent more time taking methadone and buprenorphine than I did taking morphine/heroin etc.

I find it amazing that some people, myself included, fall in love with the feeling of opiates, while others can just take it and put it down. I look at it like it really enhanced my abilities and took away my mental problems when I first started taking it, and I always wanted to feel that way. I was working as a dishwasher at age 15 when I first shot morphine. I had only dabbled in percodan, and oral morphine until I tried this ROA. As soon as I did it, I wanted to feel that way all the time! However, my brother who also tried it, never really got into it. It is amazing how it puts a certain piece of the puzzle in the right spot in someone that is prone to opiate addictions brain, but eventually scatters all the pieces to the end of the earth.

i smoked half a gram of tar the other day for the first time ever doing dope and it was lame do fentanyl its way better anyway no withdrawals from it

i smoked half a gram of tar the other day for the first time ever doing dope and it was lame do fentanyl its way better anyway no withdrawals from it
Huh??? Terrible advice. I kicked fentanyl before and let me tell u the wd was god awful. I think it's much easier to od and die from fentanyl as well. Fentanyl isn't that euphoric compared to dope, not even close. It's an opioid so of course there will be wd!