• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long can I take oxycodone in a row without starting to wd ?

tnvol44

Bluelighter
As a chronic pain patient we all run out early at some point or lose meds,someone steals from us or something happens where we come up short.Last month this happened to me,one of my fine,upstanding step-children decided they needed my meds much more than I did and relieved me of mine.I bit the bullet and went two weeks ct.I have my script filled now and would like to know if anyone could advise me on how many days in a row I could take a total of 40-60 mgs oxy ir,then stop without going into wd.I have pain everyday but some days are better than others.I would much rather hurt a couple days than to be thrust into wd,I need these meds but don't want to be dependent on them again if there's any way possible.If anyone has successfully done a few days on,few days off regimen I would appreciate any knowledge they could lay on me.Thanks in advance!

Yea i think thats the only way. I'm in pain all day every day, like you with some parts of the day better, and some worse. I started about 11 months ago and could take some 1 day, go days without etc. Soon enough i was using it daily. If i go 24 hours now without, I start to feel wd and let me tell you it sucks lol.

If I go more than 6 hours without a dose, I start to get crazy migraines but not full blown wd's. Ran out early last year and after 1 day was not feeling well and had rls, but still don't think it was full blow wd. Get a lock box btw

With most opiates I could use one day and be fine the next

If I used two days in a row I felt a little crappy the third day

But if I used 3 in a row the withdrawal would hit.

Obviously the longer you keep using the worse it is when you stop

This was all after I had used continuously for enough time to develop a habit. Now anytime I pick up and use more than a day or two consecutively I will def have wd. ( when I first started I never had wd, not for months of use. But it seems like once you have had it once, it comes back quicker each time)

Best advice--use no more than 2 days in a row. One is better.

We are all different and no one can tell you for sure. The 3 day rule is absolute crap(because as stated we are all different). All I can say is do as op said and get a lock box.If some days you don't need as much then do less, just because the script is written a certain way doesn't mean you need to follow it to the letter.Only you can tell if you need it or not.