• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long between Xanax and oxycodone?

Zeus60000

Greenlighter
So today I took my regular dose of codeine today of 200 mg (I?m on a taper I used to be on 450+ about two months ago) but I also took 1 mg of Xanax at the same time. Now sadly the Xanax completely made the codeine have no effect on me. By this week I?ve been a bit naughty on my taper and ran into some oxys. So I do have a small tolerance to benzos but nothing huge. And a mild-moderate tolerance to opiates. I?ve been taking 40 mgs oxy with not too much effect. Small come up then just feel tired. So my question is would it be ok if I took 30 mg of oxy to get rid of my xan hangover and chill out. It?s been 6 n a half hours since the codeine+1mg of xan. I don?t feel it any more but just the hungover nasty feeling. Thanks ppl

There shouldn't be any issue with the xan as 6 hours is enough for it to wear off, but just don't go to sleep until 3 hours at least after the oxy to make sure you are not feeling any respratory depression. If you do start feeling difficulty to breathe call emergency services. If you find yourself losing concsiousness before they get there make sure the door is unlocked and if you can write a note stating exactly what you took when so they can respond properly if needed. Really though you should be okay, but these are just suggestions....

If it's a formulation you can break into a snortable powder by just crushing it and then do 5mg worth bumps every 15 minutes until you feel better. I personally found oxycodone most effective used nasally where 15 mg could get me nodding while a 30 mg ER formulation, which should be equivalent yet only manages my pain even if I chew it to get a more immediate release. Injecting was honestly like injecting water with oxycodone... It might slightly build, but I do large amounts of it IV and barely feel anything. It took 120 mg or however much would fit in a ml of water to actually feel oxycodone IV... I may be an outlier, but it was definitely useless injecting it while nasally was insanely strong Rhe only explanation I have is it absorbs as much as possible as fast as possible while still putting it through the metabolism to convert it to oxymorphone, but I could be completely won't as I really don't understand it honestly

Ok awesome. I didn’t really think it would be a proper A’s I’ve experimented with worse when I was younger and uneducated. I just feel really dizzy and nauseous from the Xanax now and just want to feel normal haha. Gunna crush a 20 then do two 5mg one at a time to see how I feel first. My mother is here and If I do feel like I’m having problems breathing I’ll tell her. Also I had a question, is it possible to OD and have respiratory depression and not have any OD symptoms at all? Vomiting, loss of consciousness, extreme drowsiness, etc?

You'll likely be drowsy and feel like your going to have a nice nap then never wake up. A fatal OD could definitely be something that happens without notice. If your mom is watching over you ready to call emergency services if needed you should be okay, but for the future ask your pharmacists for narcan as it should be legal for them to dispense.

So I’ve taken the 30 mg like an hour n a half ago and I’m feeling pretty fine. Didn’t feel the oxy very much but feel a bit better now :) I don’t feel overly drowsy so I should be fine I’m guessing ya? Thanks so much for ur help