• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long after taking 1.0--1.7mgs Klonopin is it safe to get drunk?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So I used to take 1.0--1.7mgs of Klonopin EVERY DAY for ELEVEN YEARS and had a tolerance and back then I could get very drunk on it without incidence.

I stopped for 9 months and then was given access to it again as needed the other day and took if after not having taken it for 9 months.

I got really drunk on it and blacked out and learned my lesson of NEVER drinking more than one or two beers on a benzo.

Now I want to know: is it safe enough to get REALLY DRUNK (like, as drunk as anyone would want to...lets say 12-14 drinks MAX but usually less than that, on average of maybe 8 drinks) 24 FULL HOURS after I last took a maximum dosage of 1.7mgs...or do you guys think I would need to wait longer than that??

Klonopin has a half life of 12 hours so 24 hours after taking 1.5mgs I should have about .75 in me or after taking 1.0 I should have .5 so wouldn't you guys agree I am probably safe to not black out or die from CNS depression (as safe as anyone can be getting really drunk) waiting 24 hours after taking Klonopin to get drunk or would you recommend I go 36 or 48 hours after taking Klonopin to get drunk??

Thanks

Anyone??

God, I can't believe I'm even asking this question with ELEVEN YEARS of getting away with HEAVY drinking on this same dosage but now that I blacked out I realized that circumstances have changed.

I'm PRETTY SURE that after 24 hours I SHOULD be ok to drink, but just wondering if anyone else thinks I need to wait EVEN LONGER like 36-48 hours to safely get drunk after dosing Klonopin.

24 hours should be enough time, but keep in mind that clonazepam is a long acting benzo and some could still be affection you depending on myriad factors. It's probably not the brightest thing in the world, but I doubt you'll die.

You're not going to die - don't quote me on that - but when someone says "As drunk as one can possibly get" or something to that affect, you can assume that they're going to have a tough time.

You can drink at the same time as being on Klonopin... just take it slow because booze hits you a lot harder when you're on a benzo.

in my experience 24 hours is enough time between last clonazepam dose and booze

You can drink at the same time as being on Klonopin... just take it slow because booze hits you a lot harder when you're on a benzo.

You CAN....but as I found out...when you have no tolerance to the benzo that can lead to a BAD blackout if you don't' "take it slow" and instead drink as much and as fast as you can which is never smart...

For 11 years i would have given this answer, but not any more...

I'd recommend no one get DRUNK on their benzo, a few drinks ok...but to get DRUNK?

I think 24 hours is the smart answer, but I just wanted to see if anyone else felt it should be longer.

I'm starting to learn my lesson on this one...

24 hours should be enough time, but keep in mind that clonazepam is a long acting benzo and some could still be affection you depending on myriad factors. It's probably not the brightest thing in the world, but I doubt you'll die.

Well I guess 1.7mgs MAX is a low dose...

Thanks

Ok so this is an odd and probably obvious question now.

But what if I actually want to RAISE my Klonopin tolerance so i am less likely to black out if I ever do happened to mix too much alcohol with Klonopin?

1) First, like I said, I was on it daily for over a decade and got VERY drunk MANY times on it without blacking out so would you guys assume that most likely I was more like to black out like I did the other day because it was LITERALLY THE FIRST time I'd taken Klonopin in 9 months and my tolerance had gone down and I was more sensitive to it and that's why I hadn't blacked out in over 10 years of daily use??

2) Do you guys think as my body gets a little more used to taking the Klonopin a little more often that I'd be less likely to black out if I mixed the two again and that if I want this to happen I could just take it a little more frequently and it would be less likely to happen again if I mixed the two??

Like, they always say that negative side effects to drugs are usually worse when you first start them. So even though I used to be on it for over a decade do you think I am correct in assuming that I was more prone to a blackout since it was my first time using Klonopin in 9 months?

Do you think that taking just a VERY small amount more often could get my body more aclimated to the Klonopin so side effects are less likely?

(even though I STILL plan on not drinking much on it again...)

Ok so this is an odd and probably obvious question now.

But what if I actually want to RAISE my Klonopin tolerance so i am less likely to black out if I ever do happened to mix too much alcohol with Klonopin?

1) First, like I said, I was on it daily for over a decade and got VERY drunk MANY times on it without blacking out so would you guys assume that most likely I was more like to black out like I did the other day because it was LITERALLY THE FIRST time I'd taken Klonopin in 9 months and my tolerance had gone down and I was more sensitive to it and that's why I hadn't blacked out in over 10 years of daily use??

2) Do you guys think as my body gets a little more used to taking the Klonopin a little more often that I'd be less likely to black out if I mixed the two again and that if I want this to happen I could just take it a little more frequently and it would be less likely to happen again if I mixed the two??

Like, they always say that negative side effects to drugs are usually worse when you first start them. So even though I used to be on it for over a decade do you think I am correct in assuming that I was more prone to a blackout since it was my first time using Klonopin in 9 months?

Do you think that taking just a VERY small amount more often could get my body more aclimated to the Klonopin so side effects are less likely?

(even though I STILL plan on not drinking much on it again...)

Just take less klonopin rather then raising your tolerance, it should have the same effect, as the effects of the drug diminish anyways as your tolerance raises.

Just take less klonopin rather then raising your tolerance, it should have the same effect, as the effects of the drug diminish anyways as your tolerance raises.

I'm sorry this part of the quote confused me.

You mean my tolerance to Klonopin will raise naturally as I use it more often in comparison to this last time since it was the first time in 9 months?

Or are you saying I don't want the medication to lose it's effectiveness so I should just take a lower dose because if I take more then soon the higher dose will do the same thing as the lower dose anyway?

(Sounds confusing but you should understand).

Do you think if I had taken half the dosage of Klonopin I'd have been much less likely to black out, or at least that it wouldn't have been that bad??

Also, when someone COMPLETELY blacks out all night and does crazy shit does that necessarily mean they were CLOSE TO DEATH??

I think psychologocially I was unaware of needing less than I used to because I was used to a specific dose for so many years so I tricked myself.

I figured I needed the same dose, when I should have known I didn't right?

My doctor is nice, but I asked him last time "so my tolerance will be lower right?" and he goes "no not really..."

I think we can agree he was wrong right??

Last edited:
I mean if you wait 24 hrs you should be totally fine. I'm no doctor but I take 1mg klon usually everyday and I drink all the time. If you're feeling scared you should just take it easy

I mean if you wait 24 hrs you should be totally fine. I'm no doctor but I take 1mg klon usually everyday and I drink all the time. If you're feeling scared you should just take it easy

Yeah I used to do the same thing and was also fine because I had a tolerance but now I don't and I'm pretty sure it's what made me blackout the other day.

Unless it was lexapro.

Could I possibly have blacked out on Alcohol, Klonopin and Kratom because I take Lexapro now???

That seems unlikely right?

Anyways, I'm on to another question now, the one above you.