• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long after 6mg suboxone am I safe to use full agonists

Branggen

Bluelighter
I would assume that once all the bupe has binded to my receptors I am clear from any kind of precipitated withdrawal so does this mean that after 30-45 mins using any opiate would not cause precipitated withdrawl. Also, will a full agonist work at all only 30-45 mins after taking 6mg sub? In the past using opiates has worked to at least 50% of the ability only 5-6 hours after the dose of sub so will shortening the time make any difference, or maybe even throw me into withdrawal? somehow? Also, does tolerance effect the number of actual receptors for example if I were to use on top of sub which is presumably filling most of them, would opiates cause tolerance to increase substantially as the body creates more receptors to accommodate the 2nd drug? I realize this might be a little confusing to read but the suboxone has got me feeling oddly spacey. Also if this helps to answer the question my tolerance is at about 20-35mg of pure heroin per day (A bag of decent quality heroin)

Taking a full agonist after taking suboxone will not cause precipitated withdrawal, at worst it just won't do anything. Taking bupe after a full agonist is what can cause PW because the bupe binds harder and removes the full agonist from your receptors but doesn't activate them as much.

It's hard to give an exact figure on how long to wait after taking suboxone to get full effects, from what I've seen the ample length of time is different in everyone. I will say that only waiting 30-45 minutes will most likely significantly diminish, if not eliminate, the effects of the full agonist (unless you're talking about a very powerful full agonist).

As far as your receptors go, I believe repeated exposure to drugs actually reduces the number of receptors your body has available. I believe it is a phenomenon called "down regulation," where in response to constant activation from drugs, your body kills off receptors in order to reduce the effects and bring you closer to baseline. I'm not 100% sure on that though so if I made a mistake someone feel free to correct me.

Thanks for the reply, I was under the impression that down regulation referred to the reduction of endogenous endorphin's being produced although I am sure that using consistently causes all kinds of things to be thrown off balance. Apparently consistent use causes up regulation of Nor-adrenaline and Adrenalin which has an impact on withdrawal, I always assumed that was where the restlessness came from.