• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How is phenibut

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
For GAD and panic disorder. I refuse to buy any RC?s and I need something to fill in the gaps. My anxiety is just too bad.

I?ve tried phenibut before but I was on klonopin so I really don?t know if it was doing anything.

Personally, given your issues with gabapentin, I wouldn't go down that road. I've never used it and thing that kept me from buying it were all the posts here on BL about how phenibut withdrawal is hell. But if you think you can use it moderately, and not every day, it might be worth looking into. I still think the best thing is to find a sympathetic doctor who will prescribe you a long acting benzo like Klonopin or Valium, or Lyrica (I've never used Lyrica so I can't relate any personal experiences to you) so at least you're not self-medicating and using them under a doctor's supervision.

I can?t take lyrica run into the same problem as with gabapentin. But I take benzos like prescribed. Very strange.

Phenibut can be tricky.

I'm going to move this to OD, bit more suited for that forums.

SL->OD

I can?t take lyrica run into the same problem as with gabapentin. But I take benzos like prescribed. Very strange.

If that's the case, i'd give it a wide berth. May cause more trouble than it solves...

If you already have panic disorder you definitely want to avoid phenibut. A milder alternative that people don't discuss too much is picamilon.(gaba bound to niacin) It is safer but not without its own risks.

For GAD and panic disorder. I refuse to buy any RC?s and I need something to fill in the gaps. My anxiety is just too bad.

I?ve tried phenibut before but I was on klonopin so I really don?t know if it was doing anything.
I recently experimented with it, and I will say this: At 250 mg (roughly) I felt a small but solid euphoria for 30 minutes or so, followed by a strong compulsion to redose. I resisted the first time and I slept hard and was certainly in relaxed mode the next day. Next time I did 3 or 4 of the little orange 1/8 teaspoon things, each supposedly being about 250mg. This time I was super buzzed and was kind of the life of the party. Lucky I had time to sleep in the next day, cuz I was HUNG OVER. I woke at noon, and felt strong sedation for like 2 days. It made me dumb, and I haven't felt like going there again ever since. It could be ok for GAD at small doses only.

I recently experimented with it, and I will say this: At 250 mg (roughly) I felt a small but solid euphoria for 30 minutes or so, followed by a strong compulsion to redose. I resisted the first time and I slept hard and was certainly in relaxed mode the next day. Next time I did 3 or 4 of the little orange 1/8 teaspoon things, each supposedly being about 250mg. This time I was super buzzed and was kind of the life of the party. Lucky I had time to sleep in the next day, cuz I was HUNG OVER. I woke at noon, and felt strong sedation for like 2 days. It made me dumb, and I haven't felt like going there again ever since. It could be ok for GAD at small doses only.

It sounds like 250 mg of phenibut is a lot. Glad you survived.

It sounds like 250 mg of phenibut is a lot. Glad you survived.
Are you joking? Lol, no 250 mg is no big deal, very subtle at that level. Tonight I realized (thanks to this thread) it had been a week since I partook, so I took 500mg. Will hopefully sleep sound.

^I think he might have meant that he was surprised to see 250mg could make such a noticeable impact (I mean, it is impressive, must have done good work lowering tolerance). Heaven knows I miscommunicate on BL all the time :D

What are your goals with the phenibut CfZrx? Sounds like moderation, which is totally legit as far as I'm concerned. What do you take it for to help with?

Phenibut is a wonderful substance, but it has to be treated with respect. The withdrawals from this are brutal. It's best when used once or twice a week with a couple days breaks between. I find that it helps my social anxiety in a similar way that benzos do. But it isn't a very prounounced for about 3 hours after you take it.

Generally i take between 1.5 and 2 grams when i use it. I wouldn't really call it a recreational drug though, more like a day enhancer. Im actually on it right now, it combines nicely with many different substances. Right now I'm also on Cannabis, Tramadol and Amphetamine and it is a really nice synergy between them. I hope some of what i said was of assitance, if you have more questions id be happy to help.

Ive been using this substance about 10 years now, havent noticed any long term consequences relating to it. Seems to be pretty safe if used in moderation.

What are your goals with the phenibut CfZrx? Sounds like moderation, which is totally legit as far as I'm concerned. What do you take it for to help with?
Hey TPD! My goal, now that I have the 50 gram container, lol, is to use here and there in the case of being hyper and can't fall asleep well. I don't recommend it tbph. Took 500 mg last night and slept till noon, and felt depressed the next day! I can't completely blame the phenibut for that though. This coming week I transition from methadone 15 mg/day to suboxone. The doc said take your last dose on Monday, we'll apply a fentanyl patch on Tuesday, and induct on Thursday.

This sounds a bit premature to me, so I am going to push for waiting to induct til Friday. The sub is for pain, and I am very, very curious what dose will annihilate my cervical pain. Many say a mg or less is best. I already think that plugging will be my friend, especially since sub is known for causing dental tragedies :( Plus plugging should cause more analgesia, right?
Peace
CfZrx

p.s. DAY 3 Effects Report: I must say, phenibut feels quite pleasant the third after ingestion. I slept very well, and I forgot to mention the awesome dreams it gives one! Will dose in the future at only 250mg.

Last edited:
Thanks TPD. Phenibut is new to me. I want to get it right. I usually do, but knowing numbers helps get an idea.

I plan on getting some legal nutritional supplements.

The thing is, we could tell you all about Phenibut, but that still wouldn't make this thread a Harm Reduction thread. You're simply wanting a fairly random collection of information concerning the drug itself and that has nothing to do with any kind of pressing safety issue. If you're trying to decide if it's right for you, then you would need to try it and see how it goes. Nobody can tell another person what they will and will not like. That's a matter of preference. If you have a question about the safety of Phenibut in the future, we can definitely open up a thread regarding that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.