• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How is 'lidocaine hydrochloride' made

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I saw a failed Chemistry student online say that he improved himself in the subject by doing an experiment that interested him which worked. He collected tiny and overpriced gels in Durex condoms and successfuly created a concentrated anesthetic which could be applied on the body. Not entirely like the ones doctors use but close enough.

Being in the same position as him (sh*t at Chemistry), I know that from personal experiments and from my teacher that it is insoluble in water, quite soluble in acids and extremely soluble in alcohol or ether. I tried using alcohol but someone said it has to be nearly pure alcohol otherwise it wouldn't work.

Something though that I wonder is why lidocaine is dissolved in HCL if it's only sparingly soluble in acids?

Lidocaine HCl isn't lidocaine "dissolved" in HCl, it's a salt created by precipitating the freebase with concentrated hydrochloric acid. Salts of amines tend to be more water soluble than their freebase forms.

That said, I don't see any point in going into further detail since no one is going to want to help you cut your coke here.

What Hodor said for no one helping you cut your coke.... Also the title presents this as synthesis discussion, which is against the rules

At least the OP's name suits....we're about harm reduction dude, not telling you how to poison people. This thread is not at all allowed here. Read the BLUA. If you bothered to UTFSE, you'd see every other thread regarding adulterating/counterfeiting drugs, as well as synth discussion have all been shut down- just like this one will be.
Sorry bud.

-PA

Status
Not open for further replies.