• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How I quit heroin with dihydrocodeine, etc. in 7 days

UGO2SLO

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I am new to BL and this is my first post. My name is ugo2slo and I am going to tell you how I quit heroin (iv and smoking) in 7 days without taking methadone or suboxone with almose zero withdrawal that occurs pretty much with every one I should think. First I will tell you the 3 years ago I broke 5 ribs and was prescrided dihydrocodeine 30mg tabs. I took them as normal 2 every 6 hours with paracetemol for pain. Unlike the oxycodone I was given in 96 in Virginia when I broke my arm, this DHC was for kids I thought so upped the dose to 4 tabs 6 hours a day. I'm sure you can work out the rest...yep within a few months I was taking 300mg a day and by the end of the second year it was almost 1000mg a day. Only when my doc wouldn't give me script cos i swallowed the last tabs to fast I hit the streets and got me a P2. I figured it temp till I get my DHC in a few days. This was oct 2012. Yep you guessed again, by September 2013 I was full time hooked to H that the DHC tabs I were getting just sat in the cupboard.

So, three weeks ago I said enough is enough. I wasnt enjoying it no more I just carried on to avoid the withdrawal that I had a taste of for a day and I never wanted to be there again. So I took note of exactly when and how the withdawal started and I started my recovery from there.

Here we go then......BUT first I must say if you are not commited to stopping completely then stop reading for reason I will say later. Okay this is what I got before I put my mind to stopping:

1. Loperamide 2mg (Imodium AD) for diorea
2. Dihydralite- minerals and salt for dehydration
3. Vitamin B complex and multivits
4. Zopiclone 7.5mg (lunesta 3.75mg) for sleep but they are rx so if you can't get them use diphenhydramine 50mg or nytol/benadryl
5. Ibuprophen 400mg-for aches and maybe stomach pain
6. Guaifenein-for mucous build up (or robitussin)
7. Movical-very strong rx laxative (or get a fast acting OTC one like dulcolux
8. 5l water
9. one week off work
10. And lastly and the reason why I said stop if you are not srioue about stopping you need half a g of H!!!

Okay, I begun on a friday by cooking up all the H and filling 5 insulin 1ml syrings. I injected at 8pm and then sat back and watched tv till 10pm and I jumped in bed an kept on watching. Remember, you want to know exactly when and how the withdrawal starts so stay awake. Around 3am I started to feel the build up of mucous and the onset of diorea starting. so I took the robitussin and 3 tabs of loperamide so 6mg, 5 tabs each of the vitamins and drunk water. After about 15 mins all what was beginning had stopped so I took half the sleep tab because the last thing you want to do is sleep during the day. By 7am I once again started to feel the withdrwal coming on with shivers and sweats so this time I took one of my syringes and I injected half of it and within 5 mins I was up and full of life. This is important because you want to be able to do normal things that you wouldnt have done when you where high. I'd wash bedding and clothes and iron. Comedies on tv are also very helpfull. When I next felt the withdrawal coming on again I took as at night 6mg loperamide, robitussin, vitamins and also 2 tab ibuprofen, a sachet of rehydrate and drunk water. After bout 30min I ate wheatabix. By now I realized that aslong as I didnt get diorea I felt completely fine. REMEMBER.....the H that you have is now for treatment and not to get high!!!! Okay, I follewed the same routine until night came only this time I took the days meds before I went to sleep with a full tab of zopiclone. Next morning, once again I injected the other half and once again up and about. I did this for 3 days and I'm sure you are thinking I must be constipated as anything??? Yes I was and my fear was, soon as I go will the withdrawal come up on me?? But it was fine because I still had 3 H left. So I took the strong laxative Movical....trust me, you don't leave the house after taking it. Dont have to go into details but it worked very well and for sure I started to feel the WD coming up so I now took the loperamide, vits, rehydrate and ate food as normal. On the forth night I just took vits and ate a cottage pie. Decided to fall asleep with out any sleep aid so I watched netflix till bout 2am and felt stomach start to rumble. Took only loperamide and slept. Only this time there was no feelings of withdrwal in the morning so my sleep went deep and I was so tired I couldnt get up without injecting the H. I only felt a pain in my back that I figured was from being constipated again. So I just forced myself up and felt nothing but fatigue. So I destroyed the H as I did not use it. Instead I took the vits, eat breakfast and went for a walk. Every step was heavy as I was weak but a sports drink gave me a bit of energy to walk faster. I carried on building up a routine and stuck to it daily. By sun, I had stopped taking everything except the vitamins and ibuprofen.

I still have thoughts of going back to the H but I think of the negatives and blank it from my mind. I still have loads of DHC in my draw that I decided to keep incase im not out the woods yet so I pop one if need be. But i never did withdrawal from DHC iiif I do take em I will make sure I stick to the recommmended dose. I'm just glad to have pasted the withdrawal phase of H that i can function properly and pass my experience to you all. If you try this way remember, U can't take the H when ever you feel like. It's just a lil to get you up for the first few days. If you do it at any other time then you are not tryin g to stop.

Good luck to you all!!

PS....Please let me know if you try it and it helps!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
the point of using subs or methadone is that you dont need a ton of other meds to make up for the lack of opis. i think most addicts are going to be pretty tempted to shoot more than one of those premade shots. your post is a little misleading. its like no subs or methadone, just heroin! seriously i highly doubt most ppl are going to be disciplined enough to stretch out a half g of dope into big ass 1ml shots. plus making shots ahead of time lets the dope hydrolize. id take the dope out of the thing completely. i know you threw the majority away, but just having that around most ppl are going to use it all. plus you are essentialy taking a dookie hardener and a laxative, just imagine your insides battling it out lol. taking the loperamide to stop it, then taking the laxative to start it. why not just dial back the loperamide? there is nothing wrong with using subs or methadone to detox, its actually more preferable in the long run because you are not taking all these pills day in and day out, plus i know most ppl cant just secure a week off work that easily. you take the subs do a taper and youre looking at a way shorter time of feeling like shit, not as much time missing work. "if you do it any other time youre not trying to stop" i dont agree here. you are setting yourself up for failure by doing this. all the other stuff like the zopiclone, vitamins, water ect thats all good stuff, but like i said earlier, nothing wrong with using subs or methadone, esp if you have a high tolerance/big habit.

To Med cabinet.....I understand yout concerns. That is why I said if you are not fully determined on stopping then best stop reading. The whole point of me having the 5 syrings of H (and btw way, it don't have to be injected as it could be smoked or done in whatever way one took it) was to use it as treatment rather then a high. If one cannot have the H sitting there and not take it then they are not ready to stop. I can only say what worked for me. I don't know if you have noticed that when you have H with you, you are comfortable knowing that it is there and therefore can take the chance and stop.....worst case as with me is when I felt the WD starting I just took half a shoot/jab as opposed to the whole thing. Once i felt better I now knew that half is all it took for me to avoid that dreaded WD. Knowing this, I went on to take the Loperamide, vitamins, water etc and see how long that would last. I felt well for a long period and I honestly felt it was because in my mind I had the H to take if things got bad.

So I followed the same procedure, only this time injected a quarter and felt better so I knew I was heading in the right direction. My only concern was after 3 days when I took the heavy laxative as I found when the onset of diorea began thats when I got the shakes, shivers, dehydration etc but I had to empty you know what to stop feeling as though I was carrying a heavy load as I had been eating for the past 3 days. And sure enuff, after I did my duty in the toilet I did have them symptoms so I now took Loperamide 6mg, dihyrolite, ibopro, vitamins and water and felt as normal. I went on with this routine until I replaced the shoots of H with Lop. Basically its just tapering off and avoiding the WD.

But you are correct.....most people once they have the gear they will take it. For me I had to ask myself at what point on life. will I stop. I guess the first thing is to be able to have the H and be able to let it be and not use it for the euphoria that for me was no longer there. I'm glad I did it because now the only thing I'm hoked on and have been for the past 30 yrs is coca cola. Btw.....I still have about 500 30mg DHC tabs that I got no desire to use. I think I prefer this life.

Thanks for your feedback.

Interesting post. I'm curious about the best detox plan for reducing. I've tried to go from heroin to 500mg of codeine, then 300mg, then tramadol starting at 500mg>300mg>200mg>100mg>0

I only felt the withdrawals the first day, because codeine only covered me for few hours. Tramadol went well, didn't even think of scoring and didn't get any high or pleasure from them either. I'm in no position to recommend anything, but in my case, tramadol worked very well as a detox tool. With reducing on codeine I'd find myself underwhelmed and craving, more likely to score on top or take the full dose next day. With tramadol I didn't enjoy the high, but it did just enough to keep me craving free, as well as giving that background buzz to keep you motivated for the day.

Depending on the individual case, consider wisely going for treatment programmes with subs or meth. Thing is that many people don't need these meds to detox. It may have reverse effect causing patients to get more addicted than they were, for longer than necessary. If you're a light opiate user then you'd better off doing the detox yourself, just get plenty of benzos, substitutes and a plan.

Yeah i feel you. Ive been on mmt for a few years now and so bc of that its been quite some time that i banged dope. One med ive found invaluable for wd is clonidine. Stops the rls, the runny eyes and nose, really makes a huge difference. There is a thread in od somewhere about ppls fav wd meds.

To Moor12, as I have said.....for me I stayed awake after my last shoot of H and took note of exactly when and how I felt when the WD started to come. Keep in mind, I was set on quitting so I used the H as a treatment. Once I saw it in that way, I wouldnt take it for the euphoria that was non existent with me any more. As I explained to Medicine Cabinet above.......If one cannot have the H or whatevr and just let it sit without touching it then its the high they looking for. If it treatment to stop all together that you want then it is to be used for that but to taper down. When I felt the WD coming on I inject only half and found that that was all I needed to feel normal. Knowing that I could now use it just to get me up in the morning after using rx zopiclone to sleep. Sleeping during the day is your worst enemy. You gotta get up and try to do normal stuff to get into a routine to substitute all the times you used. So once I opened my eyes and could feel the runs coming on and the sweats, Id take a quarter shoot this time and go thru the day on loperamide, lots of vitamin B and multivites, water and food. The rest I have explained in my thread. I have about 500 30mg of DHC and I have no desire to take them simply cos I don;t want to be back where I was. Why am I holding on to them you may wonder??? Simply because they have been my best friend for about 5yrs before I did the H so I keep them in the draw knowing that If I should slip, let it be on DHC and not H. Its almost 16 days since I stopped H and I feel fine. Mind you I do take Zoloft (sertraline) 50mg so I dont get depressed thinking of the time and cash wasted and I have vallium for if the devil comes knocking hard i pop a 5mg and smoke a cig with a big glass of coke and im fine.

If you really want to try out my plan and see how it go. Loperamide is the most important thing to have in your arsenal.

Good luck!!!

I really feel that the key to quitting is Loperamide. Just take it 3 days in a higher dose (some people say 40mg but I wonder if they tried lower dose to begin with??). After the first day when I took the initial half shot of H just to get me up, Loperamide, Ibuprofen, lots of vitamins.....im talking bout 10 tabs vit B and 10 tabs multi as h takes alot out of your body, water, food all through the day. My next shot Of H was the next morning to get up out of bed then don the same routine. I had 5 syringes of H and used 2.....other 3 I tossed. But it is important to flush out your bowels...lol so a mighty strong laxative after day 3 is good, then back to the loperamide slowly reducing he dosage. I started at 8 mg.

Yeah man, keep in mind that not everybody is as strong as you are. For many addicts, keeping drugs at home is impossible. I don't know your habit, but seems like heroin could be used for detox. I'm happy for your success, I myself struggle with the same devil. I only use heroin for about 7 days, but it completely ruined all opiates for me, so switching back to codeine or even opium is hard.

Yeah, solid decision about stopping is the key. If you decided to stop, you will stop even if you have to go through WD cold turkey. That's the thing, if you have any doubts to quitting for good, you won't last these days in withdrawals. I want to quit but I still romanticise about getting high, I try to quit for my girl and family out of desperation, but deep down I still love the state of mind opiates provide.

I've heard that loperamide actually reduces WD symptoms, as it is an opiate. Deffo a must have if you want to avoid itchy, bloody anus :p

I still don't understand why in the worl you would need a laxative, much less a strong one, why you feel the need to "flush your bowels". I have the the absolute worse, intense diarrhea for a very long time if I even think about reducing my dosages...maybe you can explain your reasoning with that.

Also, you ha d a prescription sleeping aid but have you ever tried to take diphenhydramine (Benadryl) when you are in. WDs? I would be very cautious advising people to take an antihistamine during withdrawlas. I know for myself and most people in WDs it will make the RLS a thousand times worse..unbearable.

I also agree with the others...I'm glad this worked for you but for most people this will probably not be useful. It is very rare thata taper of heroin will work which is basically what you are suggesting.

I'm glad you found something that works for you but I'm not sure how helpful for others this will be...the. title makes it sound like some miracle for WDs..good luck to you.

I second that: dph is horrible during opiate detox. (It doesn't act as a sedative to me at all; it makes me nervey and on edge).

I would have thought detoxing from methadone and bupe would be impossible within seven days, thanks to their long half-lives.

Loperamide is of definite interest to me; I can't discount the sheer amount of people who claim it's helped their symptoms. (I have a large stash for my future sub detox).

Edit: oh yeah, I just noticed it was short-lasting opiates the OP detoxed from in seven days; that sounds about right. (It took me around that long to get off DHC)

Last edited:
Moor12......I'm sure you have heard the saying "the only thing you have to fear is fear itself"?? Some quote from a former USA president. And it's true. Once you get over the fear ...in this case the WD then you can just look at it very bad flu. But as I said , only if you are serious about stopping. All these rehab places or support groups are there to help but truth is soon as you step out the door you str8 to that that makes you feel good. It gets to the point where the gear becomes your best friend that you will love so much that it will NEVER love you back!!!! So ask yourself.....what is this H or OCs or what ever doing that's good for me? If you can come up with a genuine good reason then carry on using. For me after taking DHC for 5 years after breaking 3 ribs I was already at the gateway to H cos in UK you can't really get the Morphine class meds unless you admitted to hospital. After taking the H for a year, it got to the point where it did nothing. I'd use do it because it became a part of me. Others wake and get coffee....I'd get the H. So finally I decided I wanted back my old lifestyle cos we only have one life. This is it kaz....no second chances. So I decided to just stop. Not DHC or H as a back up....just threw them all out. I popped a Xanax tab and slept good and woke in the morning feeling ok. I even congratulated myself on throwing out my gear. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Ferw hours later I felt the WD and ive had malaria and flu....this here was a full attack to my body left right and center. I went through the WD till the next day and by then my lips were so dry they were pealing. I said F this and I scored me a P8 and just like that i was up and dancing.

To make a long story short, if you dont want to stop then you are fooling yourselves (not meaning YOU but you in general). If you cannot have your gear of choice and just look at it without touching it when you are feeling no WD then you are far from stopping. As I and lots of other's have said....stack up on loperamide cos it will beat the WD and stop the runs that if you notice make the WD worst simply cost you losing all water, minerals and salts from your body in a very fast period of time. After I used 2 half shots of H to wake me the first 2 days......loperamide, a whole lot of ibuprofen, vit B, multi vits, water and food keep me fine till the evening when I took the same stack (no H) and trust me....watching comedies and some hot shower helps.

I hope you can succeed remembering the quote about FEAR!!!

Good Luck

Missmeyet?....yes I can explain why i took the strong laxative. As I wrote at first....in order for you to quit you have to have an understanding and take note when the WD begins and what you start to feel first. That is why after my last shot of H at mayb 10pm, I sat up all nite waiting for it to begin. Keep in mind a had H ready made it 5 syringes for back up. This is why I say, the H now became treatment rather then looking for a high that no longer came. So if you can't be in the same room with that that you are trying to quit your attempts will be futile(took that from star trek voyager). So at about 7am I started to fidget and rub my feet so I knew it were coming. Then I started to feel my stomach turning and sweats starting so YEP......str8 to the toilet. When I was done I came back to the bedroom and the WD was getting worse so I reached for 1 syringe of H that I had prepared at 10pm the nite before when I took the last shot, and I injected only half. Within about 5-10mins the WD was going away as if by magic. It now being 8.30 am i figured best I don't sleep as I have to start with a routine seeing as I had all the ammunition I needed. Atleast now I knew instead of 9hrs for the WD to start it may only be 4.5hrs seeing as I took half .5ml of H. In this time a took a whole lot of vit b and muli vits as the H depletes it in the body fast. I drank lots of water with dihydralite for minerals and salts and ate wheatabix. Now come say 1pm I could feel the WD coming back only this time I didnt reach for the H I took 8mg of Loperamide keeping in mind that earlier .5ml of H stopped everything. And because Lop is an opiate I figured for aslong as it stops the diorea I shud be fine. You may think i'm dreaming but I am just stating how I went about things. Sa you all know WD come about because the body is try to come back to its normal state and the diorea is a sure enuff way of getting all that H out your system but in doing so you are losing all else what your body needs such as water, minerals . vitamins etc in turn causing you to feel like shit. I say stop the diorea and you stop the WD!!!! So i went thru to the next day only this time I took sleeping tab zopiclone so I could wake the next morning and go thru my routine again. (I suggested diphenhydramine incase you could not get a rx sleep tab. Alot of people have said they take tylenol pm which is diphen and acetaminophen). So I slept thru the night and when I woke I just couldnt get up. Just had no desire or energy to do so. So i now took a quarter of the half H i had taken night before and in 5 min I was up like I just won the lotto.

okay, same routine on the second day and loaded with loperamide and food and H still in me but I got thru it. Third morning I did not need the H to get up as by now my lower back hurt so much cos of being constipated and it felt like I were carrying a heavy load. So I ghad to empty my bowels...lol, so took fast acting Movical to clear as much as possible. It seemed to be working longer then I expected and to back up what I said about diorea and WD....i Started sweating, shaking, shivering even so I knew for sure......losing all minerals, water etc play a major part in WD. So I went ahead and took the loperamide and other tabs inc robitussin to clear all the mucous from my throat and in about 20mins I was fine. So I say it again LOPERAMIDE STOPS THE WD FROM H!!!. As most H metabolizes all I had to do now was start reducing the loperamide. The syringes of H I had I threw out. I started eating heavier foods and ny day 7 i took my last 2mg Lop tab. Now I take 50mg of sertraline (zoloft) so I don't get depressed thinking of all the cash I blew and I have 5mg vallium incase the devil comes a calling.

I hope with this essay I answered as to why I take the lax.

I still don't understand why in the worl you would need a laxative, much less a strong one, why you feel the need to "flush your bowels". I have the the absolute worse, intense diarrhea for a very long time if I even think about reducing my dosages...maybe you can explain your reasoning with that.

Also, you ha d a prescription sleeping aid but have you ever tried to take diphenhydramine (Benadryl) when you are in. WDs? I would be very cautious advising people to take an antihistamine during withdrawlas. I know for myself and most people in WDs it will make the RLS a thousand times worse..unbearable.

I also agree with the others...I'm glad this worked for you but for most people this will probably not be useful. It is very rare thata taper of heroin will work which is basically what you are suggesting.

I'm glad you found something that works for you but I'm not sure how helpful for others this will be...the. title makes it sound like some miracle for WDs..good luck to you.
To make a long story short, you won't have any WD with mayb 10mg of Loperamide but you will get very constipated hence the need for a lax just to clear you nout and feel comfortable

Uhgh yea no benedryl during wd. Makes the rls so much worse for some reason.

Yes but by the time you load up on loperamide there will be no withdrawal as you won't have diorea or heavy sweats so the benadyl. tylenol pm. nytol or diphenhydramine id to help u sleep so u up early and take more loperamide and other stuff i mentioned.. But by day 3 you will be so constipated u use a strong laxative to clear the pressure and because it will continue you now stop it with loperamide but a lower dose. Try it im sure you will thank me

^ You made an excellent point there; fear is a major factor in withdrawal-addiction is partially a psychological condition, after all. For me, the mental aspect is the biggest problem; my fear of WD will magnify unpleasant symptoms into unbearable ones. For this reason, I could never have the self control to have pre-loaded shots, as the OP did-I'd feel sick, and just shoot whatever was at hand.

Last edited:
Dopemegently.....before I comment can I ask you if you have decided to quit opiates of any kind? I asked this because my program was to quit.....not to feel a buzz. So. I say get maybe half G of H and if you smoke, sniff or inject it, remember you bare quitting so now your only need for it would be when you feel that WD coming on from the time you took your last fix. That's why I suggested staying awake all night as that for me is when WD would start but since I were sleep I didt know exactly when it begun proper.

You are correct....the whole purpose og having the small amount of H (for me) ws to take it when the WD begun. Only now instead of taking the whole lot I took just enuff for WD to stop. In my case it were .5ml. Now I knew that's all I needed to control it but it also meant it would wear of faster. Now that is why you take the high dose ok Loperamide as it is an opiate. I guess you also fooling your mind into thinking ive taken opiates in loperamide so you will be fine pretty much all day. Now you wouldnt have slept so stay awake and eat, take lots if vitamins, water and start a different routine is you spent most of your time high as the time will go by so slow. If the WD starts to come you dont take the H, you take more loperamide. From this point you should only take the H when you wake in the morning if you could take a strong sleep aid. Wen you wake now you take ,25ml and up you get to follow your routine. When you get mega constipated, take the lax and coitinue taking the meds a said at the very beginning.
So you are basically tapering off H using another non euphoria opiate unless ton take omeprazole with it. And I never said in before but getting prozac or zoloft will set you mind at ease,

Okay, it's been about a month since I posted my method of kicking Heroin and any opiates of any kind. I don't know if any of Y'al have tried it but I can honestly say since then I am completely clean of any opiate what so ever. And what a wonderful life it is. I had lost track during them H taking days of how many hours there are in a day.I will admit that it wasn't smooth sailing all the way. There were days when I could feel the WD coming on and that is when I simply took Loperamide as It were the only form of opiate I had and i had deleted all numbers of anyone I knew that could get me a fix. Only down side with the Loperamide is the constipation but that was taken care of with a laxative. I went from being 69kg to now 82kg with very clear skin as I have been drinking lots of water. I must say this as it is very important......but when I stopped all opiates the depression came on very strong. And when I say strong I mean STRONG!!!! So I went to the doc and got me SSRI prozac (Fluoxetine) and took 40mg a day and I think it is something I may have to take for life. But it only cost me £7.60 every month and I can take that any day. Also my bank account seems to be going up in balance as there really is nothing I want to buy except food and keep my payment to sky and netflix. I suggest if you do decide to stop taking opiates that your watch alot of comedies. Watching Scarface or train-spotting ain't such a good idea when you trying to stop. Also I'd like to say I have never taken Methadone or Sub.

So, I wish you all every success if you are trying to stop taking any kind of drug. Remember, there is no such thing as cutting down. If you follow my method good luck. but I suggest you try do what may work for you. And WD is something that has to happen but it does not have to be so but. Keep in mind Loperamide is an opiate so don't get addicted to that. When you decide to stop just remember all the nice times you had with whatever you took and so (in my case) 7 days of feeling a little uncomfortable was a small price to pay.

Peace to you all

Just to clarify....

There's no basis for taking laxatives during withdrawal to expedite detox....when you take drugs, they are distributed throughout the body, not just the CNS, and bowels have mu opioid receptors, which is what creates opioid constipation/lack of peristalsis, so...

Whilst it may be worth your time to take laxatives for mitigate the effects of loperamide, you'd really be doing yourself wrong... well, and I think you're doing yourself wrong taking laxatives while on loperamide, as it seems to be incredibly dehydrating by itself.

No laxatives during withdrawal. Bad.

Okay thanks for your comment but its been a month and it has worked for me. Since I found that as soon as the body started to expend the H for me was the start of the runs. Soon as I took the Loperamide all WD symptoms stopped so I just figured for aslong as I don't get the diorea I would not suffer the bad WD. Instead, I figured I would allow for the H to metabolise over the next few days. And because Lop is an opiate it worked for me doing it that way. But, since I was not going to the toilet but was eating well the effects of constipation were uncomfortable. So I took a very strong laxative called Movical just to clear me out. I then noticed I started to get the signs of WD with shivers etc so I took Lop 10mg and for real all WD stopped. I continued taking my multivits, B complex and B12 aswell and rehydration salts and minerals cos I keep on wanting to urine. Anyway......I can only say that is what worked for me and the will to stop. It up to each person to find what works for them. I'm sure if you take a minute to notice you will find that after your last fix, sit up all night if you have to and as soon as the diorea begins you will find so does the WD. Pop Loperamide 6mg even and it will stop. Try it and see.