• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How I kicked 50g/day kratom habit with ibogaine

i are spectre

Bluelighter
hi fellas!

ive been meaning to post this for a bit now, so ill do a condensed version here.

later, im going to add a full ibogaine/iboga primer with tons of information ive gathered in the many years researching these compounds.

first important note: if you're going to take ibogaine you must get an EKG and determine the length of your QT interval. the PA should do this automatically when they read the results. i told the clinic my grand dad had an arrhythmia that eventually killed him, torsades de pointes. i had a quick peak and it was 419ms, which is under the 440 threshold. here's some info from merck on on torsades and long qt syndrome.

so we'll start off. i get in a heap of trouble, pushed for a trial, had a $500,000 bond, and sat over a year for this thing to go down. so when i got out (they dropped all charges, slapped me with a misdemeanor, and off i went) i had been clean for over a year. i felt damn great, almost brand new. i didnt use for months and months (except went to bars), and everything was going good. then someone at work kept taking kratom, and i laughed at how silly he was to think it wasnt like an opioid addiction. sure enough, i got addicted again. my mood changes, hate my life, lose my jive, uninterested in women, etc. i was buying kilos by the month, and taking days off with loperamide to keep tolerance manageable.

so next stop im up at school, getting close to graduate, and have iboga total alkaloid extract and ibogaine hcl just waiting. i order some kratom stem and vein, make a half pound worth of tea, and sip on it until school is done for the semester and i take my ibogaine. i screwed up though, and that stem and vein got me wrecked like pod tea almost, jacked up my tolerance right before im gunna be detoxing. great.

second important note: it's best to be on as little of drugs as possible when taking iboga extract or ibogaine. these compounds interact with all kinds of stuff, especially those that lengthen the qt interval. so when i took dxm 48 hours before my ibogaine/iboga trip, that was a real gamble. i did very little research on interactions between dxm and ibogaine, and same with etizolam. in fact, here is evidence showing dxm increases qt interval, but ethanol was consumed as well.

after reading tons of info, i decide to be in total withdrawal when i do the ibogaine, rather than just going in. so i buy a 10 pack of etizolam, two bottles of dxm cough syrup, grab my nuts, and flush all my kratom down the sink. after 5 hours, withdrawal just starts to set in. i pop 2 etizolams. i wait a while, it works at first, then gets worse. 2 more etizolam, lots of cough syrup. repeat until maybe 1.5 bottles of cough syrup and all 10 etizolams are gone. i feel great. im drinking with my roomates in one of their rooms, talking about how im gunna do the ibogaine soon and telling them the conditions i'll be in after i take it. i wake up the next day and im fine. perfect. 24 hours is rough though, and it just gets worse.

i start sampling the ibogaine to get rid of withdrawals. i gotta stock up on 12l of coconut water and fruit for the trip, so i take 35mg of ibogaine and head off to wally world. i start trippin, but im cool. it helps with withdrawals almost entirely. i keep doing this, dosing between ibogaine hcl and iboga ta. but after 72 hours, im thinking holy crap, i wonder how much ive taken! i need this for my flood! i weigh it out and it's 800mg of each. not good. i start panicking. then i decide i just gotta do it now, even though my sitter wont be there until the next day. there's others in the house, just not the desired one.

i tell my roomates im gunna take it, take all the rest of my ibogaine/iboga ta (total 1.6g), play some rasta/dub mix on pandora, sit back and get ready. i wait and wait, nothing... then finally i get the craziest visual, this ape dancing around in my brita water filter where the filter unit is. weird. my withdrawals are finally going away, thank god. then more visuals. the music is so crazy, it sounds amazing. after this, its about 3 days of tripping the hardest ive ever tripped in my life. projectile vomiting too at times. other times just fine. im always feeling my heart rate and its good, my concept of time is fine (for checking my heartbeat anyway, not days of events).

i start clearing up, and my withdrawal is over pretty much, a little weak but i didnt eat for 6 days, tripped for 3 days, so that's expected. after 4 full days from the flood dose, im pretty much normal. still have visuals but im back. i head home for christmas, christmas eve!

this removed all my addictions. i never had a huge problem with alcohol, so i tried drinking a beer, and i just sipped on it. no desire to drink it fast. not even lots of coffee. nothing. addictions are gone. this fear that was in my life, controlling me, telling me what to do and think, is no longer there. now i see this fear in other people, and i feel so terrible. and i keep telling them about this miracle root but most people think im crazy, and thats ok, im used to that.

me using that little kratom at work that one day screwed up 2 years of my life, and cost me thousands in kratom bags and capsules. i plan on buying more iboga/ibogaine to keep on hand, but i would in no way keep re-using this psychoactive to continue breaking addictions over and over. it's too hard on the body, these compounds. people die from this stuff. people die from addictions, too.

you know what one of the greatest things is about this, after using it? i pee normally again. after kratom and loperamide use, i never peed right. i finally pee right again.

any questions feel free to contact me, if this is out of place, sorry.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, not a lot of info on ibogaine use.

This sounds like it worked for you but also sounds almost, fluked?
It seemed a bit easy to kick addictions, with no sitters, and poor prep.

Not judging, just raising the question in case others want to use ibogaine, which, seems to work well, but isnt a quick fix.

Glad it worked out for ya. My only worry about iboga(other than cardiac issues) would be that if it really worked that well I know I would be tempted to stock up on a 2nd flood dose so I could have some fun in the future and not have to pay for it.
Edit: I definitely agree that one of the best things about getting clean is no more peeing like a girl lol

make no mistake, you do pay... that trip was worth repeating? Also, FWIW - i kinda had the same idea, got myself in another pickled, tried using iboga and had a HORRIBLE time - it let me know in no uncertain terms "I helped you once, now help yourself THEN come back and see me" So I did. kicked krat/opes on my own for first time. I'm learning a lot, and I can't wait to do a flood w/out having to use it for ope wd

It is in no way a party drug. It is an ethnogen and is a very serious root. You want to do this once and only once as it is very taxing on the body. I just wanted to put that out there. I have done every psychedelic and never experienced anything like Ibogaine. I had an interruption during my time away for healing and needed up on a plane still tripping four days after a flood dose. Family emergency and I had to make arrangements to get home ASAP. The place I used were kind enough to offer someone fly home with me and I just had them stay with me until I had to fly. You really need time to reflect and not have to be rushed. I could of stayed for a month if I had wanted. But only planned on a week after coming down, again it was interrupted. I plan on doing it as I have fallen back into old bad habits and tried subs but they make me a zombie. I really had some insight during my three day trip. I would of loved to of been able to reflect on all that I was shown. Always do research before even considering if this would be right for you. It is a spiritual awakening and you must have tools to use what you are shown as well as aftercare. It’s a interrupter but no miracle cure. No body gets out for free. And we all die. Health should always be considered as well. Sorry if I hi jacked your thread I sent a pm for you to read and some questions. I’m no expert but I have been researching this drug for years and I am ready for another go.