• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction How great is the risk of sertonin syndrome combining Kanna with Lexapro (SSRIs)??

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Even though I am on Lexapro which is an SSRI, I am quite curious about trying Kanna which SOME PEOPLE say MIGHT interact badly with SSRIs.

Now while I know that no moderator's opinion should be taken as proof of safety, I also know that most of them know more about this stuff than me and I remember Sekio once saying that "the dose makes the poison" and making a CAUTIOUS statement that MOST LIKELY NON-lethal discomfort from the combination would occur BEFORE a sudden serious serotonin syndrome IF I dosed slowly and cautiously.

However, the product I am considering purchasing is a 100X Kanna extract (it's cheap which is why I'm considering it over a weaker product) so it would probably be quite potent as far as Kanna goes, but I'd still dose very low.

I've combined all kinds of substances with both Prozac and Lexapro and never ONCE had a serotonin syndrome (knock on wood) and it's my personal belief that it probably doesn't occur as often as some posters on this board like to claim.

But, for example, I'd NEVER mix DXM with my SSRI and I'm assuming that is MUCH more dangerous than a Kanna/Lexapro combo but am I wrong in assuming that??

Should I REALLY steer clear of trying even a SMALL amount of Kanna with my lexapro??

Is the risk REALLY that great??

And has anyone here ever combined Kanna with an SSRI and if so, what was your experience like and did you get SS??

Thanks

I wouldn't try it, as Serotonin Syndrom is nasty and can kill you in the worst case and I never felt much from kanna, except a bad headache.
But if you insist on trying it, as you said, start as low as possible and have a friend around, who knows the signs of SS and can drive you to the ER.

Stay safe