How feasible is it for bluelight to have some kind of radio/mix/streaming/hosting service?

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
As above. I'm not sure if direct streaming has absolved some of the potential issues that could arrise from server costs if so.

Would server costs to have hosted sets that people can play while they do their drugs be viable?

Basically can I? Pretty please.

Probably could get something going on the discord. Also you could have a section where people post twitch streams of sets when they go live then post again when they go off. I bet it would be too hard to get a mixcloud where the login is shared between a group but that could be cool if people split the cost.

Just spitballin

I miss the Festivus times we had some volunteers spinning live throught the holidays :\

Such a proposal would be great, though my first thought is that everyone likley has their needs already met by their own personal library, or soundcloud or other service accounts, and it's 'their preferred music'. Secondarily, I can't see why there isn't a thread in Music Discussion where people post a playlist or station they like with a short description in their own words about what type of music and setting they'd recommend.

But to the OP proposal, I don't see any reason you can't start up such a thing 'unofficially' and if it has legs and can maintain that we try to find a way to 'officially' connect it back to the site. As a start, maybe see about creating a soundcloud account for collecting such playlists, and share the credentials with a few key start up folks (maybe MD mods, or most active members?), see if it can build to what you envision?

But to the OP proposal, I don't see any reason you can't start up such a thing 'unofficially' and if it has legs and can maintain that we try to find a way to 'officially' connect it back to the site. As a start, maybe see about creating a soundcloud account for collecting such playlists, and share the credentials with a few key start up folks (maybe MD mods, or most active members?), see if it can build to what you envision?

So cheeky. =D

Still a good idea? You created that soundcloud yet?

J.R. will get you some ratings. Just make sure you are really really high before you go on the show and air.

I miss the Festivus times we had some volunteers spinning live throught the holidays :\

Such a proposal would be great, though my first thought is that everyone likley has their needs already met by their own personal library, or soundcloud or other service accounts, and it's 'their preferred music'. Secondarily, I can't see why there isn't a thread in Music Discussion where people post a playlist or station they like with a short description in their own words about what type of music and setting they'd recommend.

Oh my God, there was a talk radio time over the holidays in the past? If there’s ever a reincarnation make sure I can provide some sound loops. Happy, Harm redux loops to agonize healing and antagonize the commonality of multi day BL psychoses. I’ll pretend to have a clue what I mean.