• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How fast will I develop tolerance to temazepam?

Memantine

Bluelighter
If i were going to use 40mg temazepam once per week, will I become dependent then?

Should I do it once per 2 weeks?

Are you using it for recreational purposes?
Because that changes the answer to the question

Ok, well you won't develop a physical addiction to temazepam or short acting benzos if you use it once a week since the half life is relatively short. Within 30-35 hours the body will have completely eliminated the substance.

In terms of tolerance using it every single week will raise your tolerance over a couple of months if you're using it for recreational purposes.

The biggest problem however if you like Temazepam and benzos in general is that you will most likely develop a psychological addiction. You will start to count the days until you can get high on it again and thats another negative thing, in addition if you'll experience a rough period in your life that " only once a week" will not last and then you'll find yourself using temazepam pretty much everyday. The biggest cause of concern is when you start making excuses to yourself like "this week i'll just use it twice" from then onwards its easy to fall into addiction.

My general rule is that I use them 1-2 MAX. per month for recreational purposes with 4 months "clean" divided throughout the year.
If you stick to this schedule you won't have any problems in terms of tolerance rising and you won't be psychologically addicted to it since it gives enough time for your brain to not think about getting high every weekend.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I take 30 Mg Temazepam every night. I just started my first refill a week ago. I however am benzodiazepine dependant for a decade. After a month, it still works for me, with the occasional night off. I don't abuse them. That's why they still work.

It will eventually turn into an everyday thing for most. ALL this week I've been telling myself...Tomorrow I will cut back on my Etizolam. When it comes time to dose...I eat my usual 6mgs and promise tomorrow is the day. It never ends.

I've personally never even seen Temazapam but I wish you the best.