• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How fast does Benzo tolerance happen?

Theguyfromhere

Greenlighter
So I have been perscribed klonopin I do NOT take them as directed I take them once in a while when I feel like it. It's very common for me to not take any for 2 weeks straight. So I started with a .5 and felt nothing whatsoever. It was bumped up to 1mg and felt VERY mild calming effects. Fast forward a few days later and I decided to take 2.5mg and it feels exactly like the 1mg the first time I took it. Certainly I could not have built up a tolerance that fast? I took no pills between that time span. I am most likely going to take the other .5 and make my current does 3mg (it's already been 90 minutes and feel practically nothing. I have no real history with bentos of any kind. Hi tolerance or what? These pills are straight from the pharmacy as I have a script for them so I know they are real. What's next I have to take 4mg to feel anything whatsoever?

What are you hoping to feel?

I've had many friends complain to me about xanax not doing anything and etc. They simply never understood how benzos even worked. They were looking for this "high" like alcohol. The most they'll do is disorient you and have you feeling mentally dull and slightly loopy/giddy. Now I've never taken Clonazepam/Klonopin but most benzos have similar effects and to my knowledge K-pins are a stronger Valium.

30mg has me very careless and all over the place. Do you take any other GABAergic drugs by chance? That's the only other way I can see it being hard to "feel something".

You take 3mg of that and you should be rocked.

Do they clear your anxiety? That's the first thing they do. That and make me eat a lot.

K-pins, from what I gather, are 1/3rd the potency of xanax but last 3x as long. 4mg of k-pin are roughly equal to 1.25mg of xanax, which would be a very noticeable amount for someone not tolerant. also, not all benzos 'hit' the same. I find them all save for xanax are pretty weak unless you have insomnia or anxiety.

tolerance will happen when you take something like k pins and a high dose over lengthy amount of time
most benzos will not get you super high of any sorts maybe a mild drunk type feeling depending on what benzo it is
in all actuality the only thing you are suppose to feel is calm not much else from benzos
maybe you just have a natural high tolerance maybe try something else ?

Klonopins are not a drug to get "fucked up" on, they're one of the more subtle benzos. The whole reason benzos are used so often is their minimal inebriating effects relative to their anxiolytic/muscle relaxant/anticonvulsant effects.

If you're feeling the same effects at 2.5mg that you are at 1mg then stick to taking 1mg. You've hit the ceiling for euphoric effects. Taking more won't make it work any better, will increase the risk of side effects, and encourages tolerance development.

If you keep increasing your dose hoping to get "fucked up" you'll just end up blacking out. Benzos are not a drug where more is better. And they're certainly not super euphoric like something like amphetamine or morphine.

And yeah, to reiterate, clonazepam is just not euphoric for everyone. Its close analog, phenazepam, used to deceive many people into benzo-induced blackouts or hospital trips. What caused those was usually people trying it at a level of less than 5mg, deciding that wasn't enough as it's only mildly relaxing, and then taking hundreds of mg upon which their memory goes haywire. Usually they wake up weeks or months later with no knowledge of what happened.

Last edited:
Benzo tolerance or should I say GABA drugs (in general) tolerance has a tendency to rack up incredibly fast. They're notorious for that. That, along with the crazy painful addiction is the reason they are primarily an AS NEEDED drug . If a person took xanax for their anxiety ...say .5MG and they took that once a day for 2 weeks I'd bet after the second week they'd be popping 1MG for the same effect.

By the way, if you have a history with alcohol that would play a part with benzo tolerance .