• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How fast can tolerance build?

yotreeman

Greenlighter
I'm decently experienced with pills in general, and opiates have always been my favorite. Off the top of my head, I've at least done tramadol (if this even counts, lets be honest), methadone, subs, hydro, oxy, dillies, morphine, and a small bump of heroin a single time. Most recently, I've only really been able to get ahold of hydros and the occasional Vicodin or some such shit.

The first opiate I ever did was a sixty mg morphine ER, which according to a junkie friend of mine, is a lot for someone with literally no experience or tolerance. And since then, I've found out I have at least a mild, innate tolerance to this class of drugs. But lately, I believe this tolerance has been going up - not just in what I can "handle," but the amount I need to consume to actually get any kind of buzz.

I'll go through phases depending on what my contacts have. Last summer I was doing morphine a couple times a month. End of last year, I was doing dilaudid on and off (good god I miss them). My tolerance was assumedly building, but the stuff I did got stronger and stronger. I had a long, long break, and then did about ten milligrams of oxy, and actually felt something, which I was excited about. I've probably done... twenty or so mgs since then.

But yesterday, I did more for the first time in at least three weeks, and I did not get anything but some decent pain relief off of fifteen milligrams. Am I just reacting randomly to it? Or is my tolerance officially building again? I definitely build drug tolerance fast - the level of alcohol it will take me to get drunk can rise insanely quick.

Hi mate.

I used to abuse opiates and became addicted to them last year. I was using more and more each time and the pleasurable effects eventually wore off, leaving my body just mentally and physically craving for them without any of the added opiate goodness. Addiction can occur in as little to 3-5 days and tolerance for me also rose very quickly.

Three weeks is probably a short amount of time for your opioid receptor to get back to normal. In this case you'd do well to lay off opiates for a longer time than 3 weeks. Have you ever tried stopping them completely? I know how hard opiate addiction is to battle but it can be done in a safe and successful way. I came out the other side and you can too. It's absolute dog shit having to rely on the opiate buzz that you're forever trying to chase. When all is said and done it's just not worth it anymore, get out while you can and you'll feel proud when you do.

If you want any advice, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll have a friendly ear waiting :)

Best wishes x

Well for me there are alot of random things that can effect how high I am. If I'm in different settings I tend to nodd more than other settings. Also house much sleep you got makes a big difference. I would imagine even eating certain things could make a difference, because if your not eating right you don't have as much energy. But to answer your question about tollerence I imagine you are snorting? And from snorting amounts like that it could take a while, but then again small amounts like that tend to become.ineffective very fast so idk really. Someone on here will be able to have alot better answer than me haha