• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How does the medical profession view weed where you live?

MJ420 - my sister is 100% against it. My mom was ok if it was prescribed and I know my grandma drank cannabis tea once; grandpa smoke hash (?) in WW1. Cousins, nieces/their cousins all smoke. One of my younger relatives lost most of his right hand in a rolling mill accident and uses prescribed MJ. My ex fiancée smoked about a g a day. Where I used to work (University of Manitoba) I went to Human Resources as soon as I got a prescription, made sure that they knew I used only at home and never came to work impaired (safety sensitive position). I’ve, ah seen grad students smoking at lunchtime but it was none of my business so just ignored it.

I’m waiting for when/if coffee shops show up. You’d think that some sort of social use would be allowed; sadly, not yet. From what I’ve seen online the Amsterdam coffeeshops are pretty chill.

Tom

@Thomas Davie there was a shop in Toronto, the hot box cafe where you could smoke before it was legal. Now they can't open cafes because of the cigarette laws. Bars selling alcohol would flip because their customers can't smoke cigarettes but a cafe allows weed. In Ontario cigarettes are treated like weed for where it can be smoked.
Those kinds of cafes would be a big money maker. I wish they looked towards Amsterdam before maybe our odd laws.

Let's say we Dutch have good hope our political system will cope up, one good day, and be efficient like our Cannabis Branche.

There is a upcoming smallcale trial version for legal weed that is in the last stage that is about it. Hopefully dr's willl change their opinion's on Cannabis. And give more room for the medical aspect's of the plant.

Just to add, I am on the east coast of the US and many years ago during one of my regular pee tests at my pain doctors office, I asked about cannabis and whether its tested for. He actually said they don't even bother with cannabis because if they did they wouldn't have a practice. Mind you, this was probably 5 years before it became legal in my state. I was stunned!

Doctors where I live may not be able to freely prescribe it here yet but for the most part they still support the use of cannabis in a medical setting.

Shit, I think it would be 25 years ago now my psychiatrist told me to throw my medication in the bin, go home and get stoned because it worked and had less nasty side effects lol

Weeds generally well accepted by the majority, we are just waiting on the fuck head politicians to catch the hell up.

Australia are the biggest smoke Nazis in the world and a nanny state (moving toward police state) in general. I don’t like weed and haven’t been around smokers for a while so I don’t actually know, but I can almost guarantee you the medical profession thinks it’s evil.

Every psychiatrist I’ve had is for antipsychotic injections and against cannabis. It makes you find dark market sources for it. PA/NY

It depends upon the doctor or medical professional. When I was 19 or 20 I saw some doctor and told him I smoked pot since I was his patient and I thought he should know this. He assumed I smoked it daily when I could not afford to do this and I only would smoke it 1-3 times a month on weekends when I was not busy with work or classes.