• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How does my tapering plan sound??

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
Hi, I've been posting a lot lately as I'm trying to quit PST and just being able to vent here helps me a lot so I thank everyone for the answers

So I've been taking PST for 3, 4 weeks.. usually do about 10oz... So before today I had gone 3 days without it and was detoxing and today I received 5lbs and dosed around 11oz and felt very good with it

So here's my plan: I will start at 7oz (today way before I finished my 11oz glass I was feeling very good so 7oz should be enough to have zero withdrawals), and then I will decrease .5oz each day till I get to 0.. So it will take me 14 days, I'm honestly feeling quite positive about this, I feel like if I stick to this I can eliminate almost all physical pain.. Do you think this will work?

I'm honestly pretty excited and happy about this, I feel like I will definitely get out of this painless as long as I follow my plan

Last edited:
Your taper is a straight negative slope - it needs to drop faster at the beginning, and slower at the end. going from 7 to 6 or even 5oz the 2nd day wont hurt at all, but id stretch out the final 1oz--->0oz part a week to ten days. 1/2 oz is 14g, and even if you lack a g/mg scale, you can weigh an oz and cut it into smaller measurements from there.

Most tapers that fail imo do so because the final part is too fast, and w/d symptoms appear.

Your taper is a straight negative slope - it needs to drop faster at the beginning, and slower at the end. going from 7 to 6 or even 5oz the 2nd day wont hurt at all, but id stretch out the final 1oz--->0oz part a week to ten days. 1/2 oz is 14g, and even if you lack a g/mg scale, you can weigh an oz and cut it into smaller measurements from there.

Most tapers that fail imo do so because the final part is too fast, and w/d symptoms appear.

Could I really get withdrawals from the last part? the last ounces??? that's like taking almost nothing.. but yes I will definitely follow your advice

I'll do like 7, 6, 5 and then the .5 for like 2, 3 more ounces and then even slower

I can buy a good scale, this is very important to me, I absolutely hate what I have become

a good scale here isnt necessary - you arent weighing mg amounts or something super powerful like fentanyl. yes, the last part is the most crucial, and that's where most detoxes go wrong. When I DT'd from suboxone, the last mg lasts 4 days (9 in total, from one 8mg strip). Methadone; done that too, the last 10mg pill I crushed, cut into 10 lines, and cut those 10 lines into 4 piles each, for 40 bumps of -250mcg each. sure, some could have been 200 or 300mcg, i didnt use a scale, but, again, it wasnt fentanyl or LSD.

The thing is, your last dose, you dont feel the need to take it. The methadone detox, at the end, id wet my finger and pick up one of those matchhead sized piles of powder - that was my daily dose. Then one day I forgot to take it, felt ok, went the next day, didnt take it, etc. and was done with my taper. Most/all methadone clinics or sub docs will not taper you anywhere this slowly. You have PST, but same principle.

and yes, you need to reflect on what you've done/become, but dont let yourself into the self loathing defeatist mindset. anyone can get strung out and do horrible shit for their addiction - you arent alone, and you can get better. do it slowly tho. peace and gl. PM me if you have any specific questions ~~~

So before today I had gone 3 days without it and was detoxing and today I received 5lbs and dosed around 11oz and felt very good with it

If you have already had three days with no opiates, you're withdrawal symptoms should be all over. No need for a taper

If you have already had three days with no opiates, you're withdrawal symptoms should be all over. No need for a taper

emmm... no not really, I don't think 3 days is long enough and since I can't be sure if they are really over I think tapering is safer, I'm too afraid to go through that again... After this my days of messing with opiates are over, no more unnecessary pain in my life, thank you very much