• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How does meth affect a users metabolism

polarthedog

Bluelighter
How does meth affect a users metabolism? If you took another drug with meth, would the drug be metabolized quicker than it would be otherwise? Assuming you stay hydrated the whole time of course.

Can't speak for meth, but I've never noticed dexamphetamine or methylphenidate shorten the duration of any other drug so I assume the same would apply to meth.

Interesting question. I imagine the other drug in question would affect the answer. Like does it require the same enzyme for metabolism ? I would think that as far as calories go the increased heart rate would also increase energy consumption... but I don't really have a good answer for the breakdown of other drugs... Hopefully somebody else knows!

Meth and most stimulants will speed-up your general metabolism (your body will consume more calories, etc.).

But drug metabolism is kind of a different thing (it mostly takes place in the liver).
Meth could potentially interfere with other drugs that are also metabolized by CYP2D6. But if anything, it would likely make them last longer since both drugs would be competing for the same enzyme (and the other drug may also slow down the metabolism of meth).

Which drugs are you thinking about?

I can't say for certain, but I've mixed meth with a few things and never noticed any impact to duration of those other substances. Substances like LSD, mushrooms, heroin and fentanyl to be exact. I noticed that the LSD high isn't shit when using meth, like it blocks it from its full potency somehow. Same duration though. Mushrooms I microdosed and everything seemed as normal as can be while mixing shrooms and meth. H and Fentanyl have both put me from being as high as a kite on some good meth to nodded out and waking up sobering up hours later.

Smoking meth while on mushrooms was one of the most euphoric rushes I've ever had. Taking mushrooms while already on meth was pretty terrible though, ironically.

Smoking meth while on mushrooms was one of the most euphoric rushes I've ever had. Taking mushrooms while already on meth was pretty terrible though, ironically.
Oddly enough, thinking back on it, using meth while already tripping on LSD was fine (really cool feeling, overall). It was when I was already on meth that the LSD trip was weak and lame.