• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How does ghb compare to other drugs in terms of mental addictiveness?

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
I have tried a good few stimulants in my time including speed, crack, mdpv smoked (only a couple times for the last two). Never had a problem stopping when it was time to call it a day.

I haven't taken stimulants for years; I like downers now due to not destroying your next day/lack of sleep/general mental stress etc like stims do.

I have taken kratom regularly every few days for a few years now with no problems taking breaks when it stops working.

I tried baclofen and f-phenibut and now I would like to try ghb.

So I imagine ghb shouldn't be any harder to control than any of the above right? particularly the stimulants.

I always worry about the what ifs before I have tried a drug but I am very interested in trying ghb for the many benefits I have read of it. Sounds fantastic for the reported effects.

The main issues of trouble from my extensive research seem to be dosing incorrectly and mixing with alcohol/other downers. I will go with powder and have a mg scale and I do not drink or use any other strong downers so that won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Everyone reacts different so it's impossible to answer your question

Baclofen and f-phenibut should be quite similar with GHB so if you're able to control yourself with those drugs you should be fine, but as I said, everyone reacts different

GHB was much harder to control for me than other downers considering it's short duration, relative safety, and wide effects profile. I found myself dosing too often multiple times before I ran out.

I have taken kratom regularly every few days for a few years now with no problems taking breaks when it stops working.

I tried baclofen and f-phenibut and now I would like to try ghb.

So I imagine ghb shouldn't be any harder to control than any of the above right? particularly the stimulants.

I always worry about the what ifs before I have tried a drug but I am very interested in trying ghb for the many benefits I have read of it. Sounds fantastic for the reported effects. .

it is honestly a wonderfull melange of downer and some other glorious receptors triggered. but the most addictive thing that crossed my path. so exceeding Kratom, benzodiazepinen and Phenibut. But for me that last one was garbage.

Getting of Kratom felt way more eassy and benzo's for me just don't make me compulsively take em. stimulants is a whole different leage as they don't giv a typical withdrawal but rather a depressive lethargic state.

So take it once in a while, and GHB is essentially save if you dose correctly. But it's definitely a reinforcing drug.

I found GHB to be the most addictive drug I've encountered so far. I mean, I got physically addicted to opioids, and never GHB, but only because I stood away from it as I realized how it has sneaked it's way into my life, and never bought it again. If I would have used it like I did with opoids from a certain point on, I would be on GHB 24/7
But GHB is so nice to take the edge off a stressful day or to calm your nerves in social situations where you would get anxious, etc. It's a real nice allrounder, it makes everything more fun and that's the real danger. You could literally use it any time. And because it's physically rather non-toxic you don't get a hangover if you don't use too much.

That said, have fun and stay safe.

Last edited:
For me it was extremely easy to control. At max 2 doses per day (preferably 1) and no redosing. Never had any problems (for years). Once you start 24/7 dosing shit hits the fan.

For me it was extremely easy to control. At max 2 doses per day (preferably 1) and no redosing. Never had any problems (for years). Once you start 24/7 dosing shit hits the fan.

It actualy hits the fan before that. I was dosing 24/7 only weekend and freetime. Working weeks I would start after 17:00 last dose at 03:00. And that got me addicted to despite withdrwawing 5 days a week.

Guess Shambles mentioned trouble starts when you are using it for sleep 7 days a week. Natural sleep vs the knockout 2 times a night sleep. Seems to be so in my experience with it.

Same I didn't find it hard to control either. I think for me the thing that kept it from being addictive was that the first dose of the night would make me feel euphoric but then trying to take successive doses would tend to increase the sedation and side effects without bringing back that initial euphoria. For that reason, I was never tempted to binge on it. I would try to limit my doses because if I took too much, I'd want to sleep 15 hours or more.

I'd like to add that I think GHB is one of the best substances out there and there are many benefits to using it if its not abused. It makes you more sociable and more relaxed and improves your mood. It enhances music and at higher doses there are dissociative and entheogenic effects.

Last edited: