• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Hopeless how do you quit suboxone?

i always reach like 3 days. then its more physical. like severe discomfort body wise, especially my legs and feet. i keep thinking its bone or muscle pain but i believe its nerve pain. it feels like someone is rubbing dull blade at the ends of my nerves, its really nasty type of pain.
So, i started kratom and tianeptine on and off with cycle. not sure if anyone else tried those two to quit suboxone or any opiates before. problem is they have their own withdrawals you just have to experiment and see which wd best fits you. tianeptine only gives withdrawal if you take large doses for a week. and they are grueling! kratom, i think its the same. about a week or so, but the wd's arent as bad in my opinion. you dont get too much of those cold sweats you might get from tianeptine for example. not much nerve, muscle or bone pain either. anyway, im not sure yet as im cycling between kratom and tianeptine. ill keep update on this, but my primal goal is quiting alcohol which is much much harder for me than any opiate. alcohol has NOTHING to help with withdrawals. benzos only do the sedative part, but there is zero to help with the amazing huge depression and suicidal ideation associated with it. so ill try to concetrate on alcohol first, second quiting opiates.

Have you given a proper taper a chance? Like reducing by 1mg every month until you're taking basically next to nothing? I went from 16 to 4 over a year and it was basically painless, and I intend to keep going until I hit 1mg, then do alternate days and eventually just cut it out and live with it.

I'm currently taking subs, and I haven't had to withdraw from them before. I will say though, when I got off heroin after a two year habit, black seed oil was a lifesaver. Turmeric/curcumin taken with black pepper and ginger. These are both anti-inflammatories. L-theanine, L-tyrosine, L-phenalynine, L-glutamine, and L-tryptophan will all help get your brain back into working order. Also the usual recommendations of staying hydrated and exercising should be helpful.

The first time I went of suboxone was in a treatment center, from 16mg to zero over 6 weeks under medical supervision, and I want to say that it wasn't bad at all. I was basically uncomfortable for six weeks, but not to the point where I was debilitated by it. Then another two weeks until I felt properly good again. I think the hardest part is just dealing with being uncomfortable and not increasing ones dose again. During my time there I basically had a full program from 8 in the morning to 9 in the evening, and I could manage all of it while being in a mild state of withdrawal. It worked out for me. Now that I'm no longer in a treatment center, and I'm doing it again in the "real" world by myself this time, I want to be as careful as possible to avoid a relapse, so I'm taking my sweet ass time with it, and have zero discomfort as a result of it.

I think if you got on a proper taper and stuck with the plan, you could greatly minimize whatever discomfort there is.

If you have a lot of side effects from bupe... have you considered switching to methadone? Your chances of relapsing onto harder opioids is a lot higher if you get off the maintenance meds completely.

When I tried to quit suboxone using kratom... 6 months later I ended up back on subs at double the dose as before. kratom actually worsened my addiction and was a lot harder to maintain than subs. not only that but it got me in the habit of needing something 3 times a day. I used to take my subs once a day now I need to take it 3 times.

I'm currently taking subs, and I haven't had to withdraw from them before. I will say though, when I got off heroin after a two year habit, black seed oil was a lifesaver. Turmeric/curcumin taken with black pepper and ginger. These are both anti-inflammatories. L-theanine, L-tyrosine, L-phenalynine, L-glutamine, and L-tryptophan will all help get your brain back into working order. Also the usual recommendations of staying hydrated and exercising should be helpful.

in the supplement forums people keep praising black seed oil as antidepressant and opiate wd helper and all kinds of crap. i finished several bottles without feeling anything special. what did it do to you really? was it like really pronounced feeling or just kind of supplementary maintenance helper?

in the supplement forums people keep praising black seed oil as antidepressant and opiate wd helper and all kinds of crap. i finished several bottles without feeling anything special. what did it do to you really? was it like really pronounced feeling or just kind of supplementary maintenance helper?

The stuff I take is from a company abbreviated MNO, but its basically got a gram of Nigella Sativa Seed Oil per serving. In addition it also has Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9. I can't say but maybe you had a shitty source? For wd it basically just makes most of the wd symtoms a little more bearable, especially when you're through the main part of it. Definitely not a pronounced feeling per se, but it definitely worked for me through WD and I still take it most days. Idk how to explain it just makes me feel better. Like a natural advil or something, and my joints and shit just feel better, and I'm able to breathe a little easier as it calms my anxiety. But it's been used for thousands of years so it could also just come down to your individual genetics as well you could just be immune to its effects. Definitely not something thats gonna make you feel high, but its just one of those things I keep in the cabinet than can make me feel a little better, no matter the ailment.

The stuff I take is from a company abbreviated MNO, but its basically got a gram of Nigella Sativa Seed Oil per serving. In addition it also has Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9. I can't say but maybe you had a shitty source? For wd it basically just makes most of the wd symtoms a little more bearable, especially when you're through the main part of it. Definitely not a pronounced feeling per se, but it definitely worked for me through WD and I still take it most days. Idk how to explain it just makes me feel better. Like a natural advil or something, and my joints and shit just feel better, and I'm able to breathe a little easier as it calms my anxiety. But it's been used for thousands of years so it could also just come down to your individual genetics as well you could just be immune to its effects. Definitely not something thats gonna make you feel high, but its just one of those things I keep in the cabinet than can make me feel a little better, no matter the ailment.

i used what has the best reviews out there, that is, Amazing Herbs.

i was on tianeptine for a while now but i get some of the worst withdrawals. im going back to suboxone and going to reevaluate my strategy. maybe switch to kratom first for a while, we will see.

Oh sorry, forgot that this was you ... I didn't combine memantine with subuxone but it might well have been the naloxone in there, because this combination was absolute hell from just <1mg naloxone and no opioid nor tolerance but 30mg memantine. With morphine it's fine to combine them, and pharmacologically I see no reason why bupe should be any different here.

Did these bad effects stay for long or were primarily there for 1-3h after taking the suboxone? Then it's the naloxone. Otherwise, maybe you really don't tolerate it.

Forgot to mention DXM. Did you ever do this one? It's pretty different but can offer similar help in the dose range of roughly 150-350mg.
Kratom can help too, yeah. But I get withdrawal from it too, and a more agitated kind than from morphine which doesn't feel so good - it doesn't require a doc tho.
I cant figure out how to quote the post you're replying to but

Besides one report, which u could probably find with anything, is there any reason to avoid memantine and suboxone ?
I mean I want to use memantine to lower suboxone and opioid tolerance in general. I took it today with suboxone and noticed nothing weird in particular , but this is at the lowest dose (5mg... bc I'm prescribed memantine and dont wanna run out but also bc I'm cautious . And third of all bc I'm sketched out by the Indian pills that I have besides my prescription, and fourth bc the powder memantine I have is too much of a pain to encapsulate )

Anyway, regardless no headmelting awful feeling from memantine and bupe . Isnt it commonly used with opioid agonists? Should I tag the guy who had that experience?
I doubt it could be related to the small amount of naloxone in bupe. That amount I think is in the range of what would be equivalent to low dose naltrexone, which doesnt fully block opioid receptors