How do you manage sex cravings /Infidelity with a girlfriend

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I try so hard I have such a good girlfriend and haven’t done anything too stupid but she went through my phone and found tons of screenshots of girls in thongs...

Is there anyway to manage the sexuality of steroids?

These are presumably endogenous anabolic steroids (as in not catabolic steroids like methylprednisolone) and the leading hypothesis for the source of the cravings is endocrine, with the main one trouble being the absolute and relative quantities of sex hormones in the body, correct?

Yes testosterone, anabolic steroids. They make it hard to not pop a boner just walking in public let alone want to have sex with every chick that walks by

Screenshots is hardly infidelity, doesn't sound like that big a deal. If your girlfriend has a problem with it, perhaps just don't save pictures to your phone. Or if you think you're actually doing something wrong (or ARE actually doing something wrong, somewhat unclear from your post) then you just need to work on your impulse control, for sure steroids will make this harder but the same techniques to combat any addictive behaviours, or things that you don't want to do but find yourself doing anyway, will apply. If this isn't something that seems important enough to do then perhaps a relationship is not for you right now.

Learn Impulse control and play the tape all the way through. If you do X, what will happen in the short/long term? Helps keep me in check. Also evaluate if there's an underlying issue that is just showing its face via sexuality. Are your needs really being met? Do you crave others attention? Pursuing women can be quite intoxicating in my experience, like a game if you will

Interested in responses as this is one I’ve been attempting to work at for years with little success. In a new committed relationship currently and trying to make things worse but honestly, the chase and sex in general is a better high for me than any drug I’ve ever used.

Had that convo with the gf last night and asked her if girls get high off sex like guys do because I’ll legitimately get a better high off some amazing sex than all the cocaine in the world. She said sometimes but not like guys from what she has seen.

I’ve got awesome self control and self discipline in damn near every area of my life but this is one that rocks me regularly.

And not to sound cliche but been working through processes similar to AA and ultimately I think it’s going to come down to strength from God (higher power if you prefer) because IME, humans are weak as fuck when it comes to denying their own desires.

Interested in responses as this is one I’ve been attempting to work at for years with little success. In a new committed relationship currently and trying to make things worse but honestly, the chase and sex in general is a better high for me than any drug I’ve ever used.

Had that convo with the gf last night and asked her if girls get high off sex like guys do because I’ll legitimately get a better high off some amazing sex than all the cocaine in the world. She said sometimes but not like guys from what she has seen.

I’ve got awesome self control and self discipline in damn near every area of my life but this is one that rocks me regularly.

And not to sound cliche but been working through processes similar to AA and ultimately I think it’s going to come down to strength from God (higher power if you prefer) because IME, humans are weak as fuck when it comes to denying their own desires.

I literally think it would likely have to come down to giving it up to God and honestly waking up praying with a conscious effort that I will be faithful... it's sad but it's true. I love my girl to death but if some smoke show walked up and asked to blow me at any given point.. I really don't think I'd be able to say no. God bless people with self control

The long-term solution may be to reach a consensus that infidelity is the lying, not the physical part. A lot of people, including myself, subscribe to the theory that sex, drugs, and a part of the reaction one has to rock & roll (or dance, classical, any other type of music) is every bit as deterministic as what will occur in the seconds after a big shot of hydromorphone, and as drugs are tools and by themselves -- there is no moral valance or content.

If one is in a relationship with a member/s of the opposite and/or same sex, it has to do with personal growth, building different levels of society like the family, neighbourhood, community, and so on. It would be good for society and the people involved to remove the parts of it having to do with control, stasis, and jealousy. It can be hard, and it is a dialectical and very much involved process which can take many years and lots of work and manifestly few people reach a point that really helps themselves and the others around them.

Last edited:
The long-term solution may be to reach a consensus that infidelity is the lying, not the physical part. A lot of people, including myself, subscribe to the theory that sex, drugs, and a part of the reaction one has to rock & roll (or dance, classical, any other type of music) is every bit as deterministic as what will occur in the seconds after a big shot of hydromorphone, and as drugs are tools and by themselves -- there is no moral valance or content.

If one is in a relationship with a member/s of the opposite and/or same sex, it has to do with personal growth, building different levels of society like the family, neighbourhood, community, and so on. It would be good for society and the people involved to remove the parts of it having to do with control, stasis, and jealousy. It can be hard, and it is a dialectical and very much involved process which can take many years and lots of work and manifestly few people reach a point that really helps themselves and the others around them.
Golden post right here

I try so hard I have such a good girlfriend and haven’t done anything too stupid but she went through my phone and found tons of screenshots of girls in thongs...

Is there anyway to manage the sexuality of steroids?
If you can't control yourself and its innocent pictures there are apps out there that look like calculators and require a password then takes you to a hidden gallery of photos. Search for Calculator+