• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how do you know the physical withdrawals are over?

it takes more then one dose of anything to produce withdrawal symptoms, usually more then a week straight of use more like 2-3 weeks. Anything you feel after a single dose can be attributed to hangover.

Although some steroids like prednisone can be pretty addictive after only a single or a few doses.

from keeping an eye on this thread i think he meant using the drug while he was kicking, like almost getting through it and using once is it like starting over? i actually kind of been curious about this point about any addicted drugs , i used to go cold turkey from dope for two days then couldnt handle third day and would say well one shot wont make it start over, but i never really found out because i usually just started all over. sorry hope i made some sense

to op i am pulling for you hope your doing ok.

In my experience, using once will certainly prolong the withdrawals by few days. They will be less intense than the initial WDs though.

It depends on so many factors though (dose, frequency of use, since how much time is the user addicted, etc.).

from keeping an eye on this thread i think he meant using the drug while he was kicking, like almost getting through it and using once is it like starting over? i actually kind of been curious about this point about any addicted drugs , i used to go cold turkey from dope for two days then couldnt handle third day and would say well one shot wont make it start over, but i never really found out because i usually just started all over. sorry hope i made some sense

to op i am pulling for you hope your doing ok.
Oh I see, then in that case; yes I believe it does make it start all over again. I know from past experience if Ive been on like day 3 or 4 of a 7 day detox and decide to dose I have another 7 days of detox, It really is shooting yourself in the foot. Especially if it is a high dose, then you have that much farther to detox from. Personally I tend to taper when I can and if i cant i save about half a dose for just in case on day 3 or 4 I am so miserable I need a "cushion" to land on. I feel that taking a half dose doesn't set you back too far and can lessen the pain, then you only have detox from half of what you were doing originally. Really the best thing seems to be a slow taper, but if you cant muster the self control to taper slowly then even an aggressive taper (cutting by half each day) is better then no taper at all.