• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

How do you guys overcome writers block?

I'm always getting ads for that on Youtube lol. How much does it cost?

Yeah, I'm having a real hard time thinking of something totally original that no other bands have already covered. I'm not sure if it's possible honestly.
Its kinda expensive (even though that's subjective lol). It's $90 for 1 class or $180 for EVERY class. I can't tell you how many classes ive watched, that I never intended too. IMO it was well worth the money. Definitely learned a lot. There are 60+ classes and there are on average 24 lessons per class. So over 1,440 lessons altogether.

I mainly use it for cooking classes. Thomes Keller, Gordon Ramsay, and Alice Waters were some of my favorites (among many).

Just watching him on his TV shows you learn so much. I normally don't cook anymore because of depression since my friend's passing. His true passion was cooking and he taught me so much, and I was getting back into it and loving it. Then when he died I went kind of shell shocked and get super depressed if I try to cook a meal because of so many fond memories of us cooking together, him teaching me a lot of techniques etc.

I owed him so much for helping me out in life and all I did was enable him until he died of alcoholism. And I'm going to have to live with that knowledge for the rest of my life.

nutty I still want to help you with bm lyric ideas because the genre has existed for like 30 years and breaking into it lyrically is going to be difficult but not impossible in a way that would vibe w/ fans...

I am exploring ideas. There's many bm bands around the world w/ different languages that you could easily transliterate and/or modulate for the American audience.

I am thinking of ideas.

Eoront is pretty good and I have no idea what their lyrics are about *browses*...

Как могли мы прежде жить в покое
И не ждать ни радостей, ни бед,
Не мечтать об огнезаром бое,
О рокочущей трубе побед.

Как могли мы... Но еще не поздно.
Солнце духа наклонилось к нам.
Солнце духа благостно и грозно
Разлилось по нашим небесам.

Расцветает дух, как роза мая,
Как огонь, он разрывает тьму.
Тело, ничего не понимая,
Слепо повинуется ему.

В дикой прелести степных раздолий,
В тихом таинстве лесной глуши
Ничего нет трудного для воли
И мучительного для души.

Чувствую, что скоро осень будет,
Солнца кончатся труды,
И от древа духа снимут люди
Золотые, зрелые плоды.
(Николай Гумилев, 1915)

English Translations:
How could we walk in peace, before,
expecting no joy, no disaster
not dreaming of battles, of flaming retreats,
or the roaring trumpet of victory?

How could we... - but it's not too late,
the Sun of the Spirit bends down to us -
soothing, threatening, it pours
across our skies.

And the Spirit blooms like a May rose,
tearing darkness apart like fire;
knowing nothing, blind, the body
obeys him.

Our on the wild, beautiful plains,
in the quiet holiness of the deep forest,
the soul knows no torment
nor the will any difficulty.

It will be autumn, soon: I feel it.
The Sun's work will be done
and people will pick golden fruit
from the Tree of the Spirit.
(Nikolay Gumilev, 1915)

beautiful

there are nature black metal bands but you could do poetry about nature from a long time ago and find something epic because most bm heads aren't well read like me etc

and i'm not into poetry either so that would be something I'm not well read on either

LOL NUTTY LOL

this is what you need to do

go to http://www.metal-archives.com

and then SEARCH change to LYRICAL THEMES

guess what

9 BANDS deal with Absurdism WHATTTTTT

that was what I was going to suggest. I'm going to download as much of their content as possible.

ONLY TWO ARE FROM US AND ONE IS FROM IRAN HAHAHAHAHAHAHA love it

Project Nefast (a.k.a. Nefast)Psychedelic Black MetalNetherlandsAbsurdism
Grave Wisdom (a.k.a. Grave Visdom)Black/Doom MetalItalyNihilism, Existentialism, Absurdism
Hybrid NightmaresProgressive/Black MetalAustraliaStories, Absurdism, War, Battle
Sunshine and Lollipops (a.k.a.Sunshine & Lollipops)Black Metal/Crust PunkGermanyNihilism, Absurdism, Drug abuse
Bosse-de-Nage (a.k.a. Boss-De-Nage)Post-Black Metal/Post-HardcoreUnited StatesPerversion, Post-Modernism, Absurdism, Existentialism
Carnal LeftoversDeath MetalNetherlandsGore, Comedy, Absurdism, Everyday nuissances
TeethDeath/Doom MetalUnited StatesMisanthropy, Human condition, Absurdism, Personal experiences
VitaPhobiaDepressive Black Metal (early), Black Metal (later)IranDeath, Existentialism, Absurdism, Suicide, Darkness
FunusBlack MetalNetherlandsFailure of Mankind, Death, Absurdism (early); Life, Loss, Thoughts (later)

I mean poetry gets me bored, really it does. I have an age, I have a experience but i'm more passionate and was since I know by techno/beats in general. Beats overall gives you more opportunities from all view points.

Take this little gem for e.g. He knew he had cancer, and did one last EP before died.

VitaPhobia sounds right up my alley btw and IT IS THE ONE FROM IRAN LULZ

I bet I find none on slsk :( :( :( :( *criesforever*

NUTTY WE CAN BE THE FIRST DSBM band in US that deals with ABSURDISM, DRUG ABUSE ETC

LETS DO IT GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGO

*forms band*

Heh... I use Encyclopaedia Metallum all the time. Themes off the top of my head would be nature, nihilism, depression, misanthropy.

You could go high-culture and do specifically WWII themed BM. I.e. Anonymous. that is a hnw project but that's what I'm thinking.

There's a lot of history/imagery there.

E-M is awesome.

I've been combing through and finding albums that came out that I was too high to be around for (lol)

Pillars of disintegration upraised by the flock
Their essence of stagnation for the vile to gawk

Idk I thought that sounded cool or at least usable somewhere. lol

in black metal the longer words are harder but you can just break them up in between they're just going to listen for the guitar wails anyways :D

I like it so far, keep it up man!