• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

How do you guys overcome writers block?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
I want to start writing lyrics but haven't done so in probably over a decade. How do you guys overcome serious writers block and lack of inspiration?

The response is very simple, by writing. And i'm not making fun of you, as a writer you have to write non stop as a mental exercise.

It doesn't have to be a magnificient material/work of art.It's purpose is to train your skills. In my case I usually come up with random concepts and start building from there.

I often ask myself if inspiration it's linked to creativity, It's a matter of perspective & personal tricks after all. I think you can do your best in a solitude state mind where you become nothing yet everything and then you are energy. Now all philosophy aside you do need experiences in order to write and produce what you want to obtain.

I guess part of my problem is everything I think of just seems cliche to me. For instance... Desolate wilderness enshrouded by mist... Like what's original to write about for black metal you know? I guess maybe that's not a bad start, but I just want to be ORIGINAL. lol With so many bands out there it's just like all of the subjects have already been covered.

Jesus, I swear sometimes I think I got some sort of dyslexia or something. I wish I was joking.

Spelling burn!

Honestly there are a number of excercises to try that basically all do the same thing: lower the ante. You’ve got to find a way to be goofy and not take the process so seriously. One excercise I used to give my students was to write the worst, most cliche’d, story they could think of. It was always amazing the great ideas they came up with when they permitted themselves to fail.

Ok...

Alone I walk in the desolate wilderness
Enshrouded by mist
Enshrouded in hate
Hate for their cancerous existence upon the earth

images

That's all I got so far.

images

Is it cheating to use an online thesaurus?

Last edited:
The difficulty for me is to know what’s good in the editing process...

Yeah, you need to just write through ups and downs. I stopped a little while ago and I regret it.

Stimulant + propranolol + extra big Dilaudid dose . . . though I find myself having more writers' block than usual if I take this route . . . sort of like when I offered some kids $50 to take their 03.30 in the morning noise fest elsewhere . . . I am lucky they were not back every night, of course . . .

Welp, here it is my first song lol...

Alone I walk in the desolate wilderness
Enshrouded by mist
Enshrouded in hate
Hate for their cancerous existence upon the earth

Blind to the ways of old
A cursed future for the inferior
Yet still I search
For the ancient whispers

Their inescapable grasp beckons
Transcendental lamentation
Communion of the arcane
I behold the everlasting knowledge
And am at one with it's eternal power

Feedback welcome, just go easy, it's been a while. :D

Last edited:
Hey brotha, im not much of a writer. But I have this subscription to Masterclass, and they have tons of different videos on writing (and how to overcome writers block). These video's (about writing) are taught by some of the best writers of our time. I mainly watch them for cooking (even though I still suck). But they are really good and can definitely help.

Hey brotha, im not much of a writer. But I have this subscription to Masterclass, and they have tons of different videos on writing (and how to overcome writers block). These video's (about writing) are taught by some of the best writers of our time. I mainly watch them for cooking (even though I still suck). But they are really good and can definitely help.

I'm always getting ads for that on Youtube lol. How much does it cost?

and I was going to message you this but my brain is a big pile of slush right now, writing black metal lyrics is especially difficult compared to other forms of prose for me

Yeah, I'm having a real hard time thinking of something totally original that no other bands have already covered. I'm not sure if it's possible honestly.

you could write about pre-human global conditions i.e.

There was a forest where the greed of man was only a shadow of a heavy past There was a forest where the bark of trees reflected the beauty of a lost world There was a forest where the song of the night awakened the sun of another life There was a forest where the sanctuary of heaven watered the parched lands of the gods There was a forest...

fr original

Il était une forêt
où la cupidité de l'homme
n'était plus que l'ombre d'un lourd passé

Il était une forêt
où l'écorce des arbres
reflétait la beauté d'un monde perdu

Il était une forêt
où le chant de la nuit
éveillait le soleil d'une autre vie

Il était une forêt
où le sanctuaire des cieux
abreuvait les terres desséchées des dieux

Il était une forêt...
Il était une forêt...
Il était une forêt...
Il était une forêt...

you could do a black metal project that ironically is about self-empowerment/happiness like love katy did

but that's not black metal that's a noise project

almost everything else has been done. You could do world peace (I don't know if anyone's done that yet)