• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help how do you guys deal?

Really sorry to hear you are going through this @SnafuInTheVoid. I wish there was something helpful or supportive I could say other than just hang in there, but that’s all I got today. At least I can say I feel your pain and everything you are going through. That overwhelmed feeling is a mirage though - you are strong enough to get through it all.

@SnafuInTheVoid , how’s the weekend been? They are my hardest with booze! The Friday afternoon club, has been my down fall since HS ! with the whole country on a weekend bender all week long due to Covid, I just wanted to say hi, and hope you keep a lid on it ?

I'm doing OK... was really depressed this weekend... when you realize the fun is over and it's time to man up and pay attention to your life. My mom is getting married again to this cool dude and I'm really happy for her, I wish I could have shown more enthusiasm. She's had some really shitty cards in her life and deserves a good man in her twilight years.

It's ugly when you wake up from a long drunk and realize there are bottles of liquor full of piss and your room smells like shit.... it's never fun not remembering several days in a row and wake up in this ugliness....

Been nursing a few tall boys but certainly haven't been drunk in the last 48 hours... the voices/music I hear are starting to go away.... just gonna sit on the rest of my LSD for now...

I desperately wish I could just go to rehab without paying for it like in the past. Really sucks the position I'm in where I'm not officially a resident so I can't get state help. Still fucking waiting on my medicaid application to get approved, been well over a month.

I might take a break from this site. I love it here, but it's kinda distracting when you need to focus on yourself and your goals. IDK.... thanks, though, people.

its great to hear your mum is getting married to a good man.

will miss you if you decide to take a break, but fully understand.

dealing with the carnage of a multiday binge is horrible. suddenly being sober and realising how much addiction degrades you should be enough to make us stop, rarely does.

vino-mornar-vranac-3-l-spar-37632157.jpg
Hmmm... I get the urge to drink every few days, then I blow a ton of cash drinking for about 24 hours. Then I hate myself and I feel like piece of helpless shit. Rinse and repeat. But I've noticed that heavy exercise fills my brain with endorphines, and that relaxes me, taking away the cravings for booze. I've also noticed that I don't think about booze for days after taking MDMA, psylocybe or having some proper hash. Also interestingly, I don't need cigarettes for hours after smooching with a girl. My take on this problem is that brain seeks out a way to reduce anxiety by craving alcohol, while anxiety can be removed by giving my brain what it needs, endorphines from exercise, and serotonin from emotional connection with lustful fun. I should get some nice, screwed-up girl for therapeutic purposes instead of binging on alcohol which is, truth be told, a drug for complete retards.