Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How do i tell if my speed is any good?

kemicalsista

Bluelighter
i've done a search and can't seem to find the answer...
I'm a pill head and have recently come into the posession of speed, having never done it before.... how do i tell the quality? should it smell or taste a particular way???

It pretty hard to tell if it's good or not but ussaly got a strong smell and faily large crystals damp but not too gooyee but some time the large crystals is just epson salts it's cut with. thats just a rough guide but to ony why to be sure is to use it.

thanx speedy, my friend iv'd a quarter and i did a quarter in lines. i am wide awake but she feel fuck all. The lou wouldn't dissolve in the water so i doub't the iv did anything ended up drinkin what was left over. Should it dissolve easily???

A quarter of what? A gram, a pound, a kilo, a point?

The only real way to tell is to wash and recrystalise it and see how much you get or take it into a laboratory. Or you can try it, which is what most people do. Unfortunately the quality varies massively.

Remember you should test it first to see if the main active ingredient is actually speed.

its probs speed, but just reallllly shit speed, like been cut 10 times over.

if this is the first time uve bought it, dont expect to get the best stuff first time.

If you have to ask if it's good, then it's not. You'll know trust me.

kemicalsista > i have generally found that if the speed has a bitter taste when you put a bit on your tongue it is pretty good. If it tastes sweet, then its gonna be crap as the sweet taste is prob glucose powder used to cut speed.

i know this isnt a very 'accurate' quality test, but should give a better indication than judging the quality by its appearance :)

Enjoy!

Eat a point, if you are still awake at 4 or 5 in the morning , your speed is good :\

why don't get a reagent tester - don't they reflect the nature of certain substances found within what is purported to be speed?

you should however follow your gut feeling - if in doubt chuck it out; i can't tell you how many times i've had shit gear, had that little gut feeling, disregarded the fucker, had the shit and had had a bad time....

If your speed wouldn't dissolve in water, yet you are sure it contains meth, then in all likelihood it was gluggy because it contains solvents (most likely) or water insoluble contaminants (also quite possible). If you use warm water and stir, then any meth HCl or SO4 salt will dissolve, but so might other things - see below.

Whether you find smelly speed works well or not, it should be remembered that PURE METH HAS NO smell whatsoever. It will be bitter, but it will have no smell, even a jar full of it!

If you're thinking of IV'ing it, I would suggest doing a purification of it first - before trying to dissolve in water for injecting purposes. Details can be found using the search engine.

Using insoluble cuts is straight out irresponsible and really dangerous, as some may dissolve in water at neutral pH and precipitate out in the bloodstream. Unless you're predisposed - diabetes; what are you then injecting any unknown for? - then sugar won't hurt, but if its present, it should dissolve in water.

ahh speed.
i was over indulging in it for about 6 months until a few months ago, when my contact for the gear made himself unavailable.

i used to think what he got me was decent stuff. i'd go to his house and he'd get the base out and cut it infront of me 3:1, and when i was most heavily using, i would snort about 2 grams of that over a 36 - 48 hour period, mainly just for staying awake, not for the buzz that a large amount can produce.

::disclaimer - i'm not measuring my dick here so please know im not trying to start a contest::

so i have a new contact right, and i tried this speed the other night, i had 3 BABY sized lines, so god damn small, over a 2 hour period at about 12 midday. i then went drinking with friends till about 2am , then had a bong and went to 'sleep'

i woke up quickly at about 8am, felt very awake and agitated, and could not get back to sleep no matter what.

some of my friends are very well acquainted with speed and they reckon this is the longest lasting, strongest stuff theyve ever had, with the exception of crystal meth.

Without trying to sound like a mad cunt who thinks he is so mad and he has the best gear etc, im just trying to make a point (excuse the pun) that you really cant tell how good your speed is until you compare it to other speed.

and ive also read somewhere on here (i think in the 'nanna' thread) about racemic (sp) ratios or something?? something along the lines of 'you can have 2 batches of pure goey, and 1 batch can still be twice as strong as the other'

p_d would probably be better to explain this than me, so i wont try any more, but yeah, my point is, you think you have some good speed, then you can find one day that in comparison to far better speed, it is crap!!

hope i made sense

and ive also read somewhere on here (i think in the 'nanna' thread) about racemic (sp) ratios or something?? something along the lines of 'you can have 2 batches of pure goey, and 1 batch can still be twice as strong as the other'

Briefly, as it has been covered many times before: There are 2 isomers. One (dextrorotatory) is the most psychoactive active and the other (levorotatory) is only about 1/4 as active - although it's a great nasal decongestant.

Not long ago - when pseudo abounded - it was probably fair to say there was virtually no speed around that was NOT the dextro (d isomer, as all meth made from pseudo (apart from perhaps some side reaction products ) would be in this form.

However, some months ago I was shown a small amount of what was said to be racemic or dl[ meth and reportedly made from the ketone P2P. I had no-way of confirming this, and hearsay is just that unless it can be confirmed. But it doesn't surprise me really, that some chemists (as opposed to cooks) might have given up trying to source pseudo and instead returned to the old and long way round to such a product. I just can't see how this would prove to be a worthy substitute for the pure d isomer, as it would effectively be ~ half as strong. However, the users reported that it gave a clear and very euphoric high.

waspman&#8976's report of his less recent encounter probably involves either heavily contaminated, impure (un-reacted pseudo or purposely cut) base made from pseudo. Seeing it mixed before your eyes is no guarantee as waspman⌐ has already indicated. The reason I would suspect that it was made from pseudo is that IMO, anyone producing meth from the ketone would have to know what they were doing, and so it would be expected they would be able to produce a much cleaner and more crystalline product.

^^^ that sounds pretty right on to me, because the 'old' stuff, the base was that sorta dark yellow waxy chunky stuff, but the 'new' stuff ive been getting has little white rocks in it, and when i try to chop them with a credit card, they dont break, they sort of shoot away onto the floor. i picked one up to crush it in between my fingers, but it almost dissolved when i applied pressure. leaving a white oily mark on my fingers, and no powder anywhere