• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How Do I Remove the Time Release from Oxycontin OP 80mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
I'm about to get my hands on Oxycontin 80mgs for a very cheap price. Unlike the old OCs I've heard the time release is hard to get off these. After some research I haven't found a fast method to remove the time release from the Oxycontin OPs.

Does anyone know of an effective way to make the Oxycontin OP 80mgs instant release?
If not, what dose of Oxycontin would you recommend for an Oxycodone user that typically uses 20mg instant releases for a high?

Thanks!

If I were you I wouldn't waste my money on those 80s no matter how cheap they are

We cant discuss pricing bud, he's probably a snorter/shooter and doesnt like the new formula.. Theyre just as good as the ir, sorta lol. You can always use the bake and freeze method, its time consuming though. I'm sure there is a thread around here about it. Otherwise, you can still split the pill, so split it into quarters, and take 20mg, like you normally do. Bear in mind that these are extended release, and will take a while to kick in, so dont be eager to redose.

Oh yeah, if youre having trouble splitting it, you can put it in a zipblock bag, flatten it out with a plyers, and then take a scissors and cut it into quarters.
- Hopeless..

Sorry, deleted my post about the price, forgot the rule.

I've heard about the bake and freeze method but it seems too time and work consuming, and I'm in a situation where I can't just be baking and freezing pills. After some more research I've found out that you can simply grind it and dissolve it in a shot glass of soda over night. However not everyone seems to think this method works, its about half and half. Has anyone done this with success, or does anyone think this would work?

Thanks.

I would not waste my time. Those pills are a nightmare. Then again I would just recommend not using at all. No good comes from it. I would know.

Well, all of you seem to be saying they're bad.

If I can get 25mg Oxycodone instant release for the same price of 80mg Oxycontin extended release, what would you all recommend is better?

Or maybe I can trade 80mg Oxycontin for 50mg Oxycodone, would that be better?

Last edited:
Yeah the soda doesnt break the time release mechanism.. Okay,.first do they make a 25 mg dose?? Also you just asked us if you could get 25mg oxycodone, or 80 mg of oxycodone, at the same price, should you choose the 25mg..

I mean 5 5mg Oxycodone Percocets which are instant release or 1 80mg Oxycontin OP which is extended release. I can get one or the other for the same price.

Or I might be able to trade 1 80mg Oxycontin extended release for 40-50mg Oxycodone instant release.

And I'm assuming this would make sense because from what I've heard more than three quarters of the time that the instant release is much better than the extended release. However you did say that extended and instant was the same, is this from personal experiences or from what you've heard?

If you are used to 20 IR then about 40 ER would do the same. Iirc about half the ER dose is released immediately and the other half slowly over the time span. So you'd feel about the same on 40 ER as 20 IR. just for longer time

They really do kind of suck though. Unless you're pretty opiate naive or can get high on 10-20 mg oxy IR.

If you are used to 20 IR then about 40 ER would do the same. Iirc about half the ER dose is released immediately and the other half slowly over the time span. So you'd feel about the same on 40 ER as 20 IR. just for longer time

They really do kind of suck though. Unless you're pretty opiate naive or can get high on 10-20 mg oxy IR.

Pretty much the reply I was looking for at this point.

Luckily I have no tolerance and can get high on 10-20mg Oxycodone IR. So I'll just look at each 80mg ER pill as 40mg IR. Thanks.

No problem. Yeah with no tolerance and with you normally doing 20 IR, I'd say you should be at around the same feeling on half the 80 OP. If that's not enough you can always take more but I would start there.

Experienced users don't like them because they can't sniff them or crush them to make IR, and ER feels like about half the strength because of how it's released. Plus, a lot of them came up with the old OCs, and by comparison they aren't in the same ballpark. But to someone with a low to no tolerance, you'd get something out of it

You can't remove the time release, but but then anyways. Oral bioavailability is high and they work fine.

Don't, just eat them. I don't think I can say a dosage. Also make sure that shits real, theres a lot of fake 80's in my neighborhood. I would stick with the 80's vs instant release, I like the legs on the 80's, especially mixed with some stuff. Instant release are pretty much worthless to me, but I only eat my oxy.

Those pills are a royal pain in the ass, there are a million threads regarding the topic if you use the search engine. I would take the percocets any day over an OP80.

Those pills are a royal pain in the ass, there are a million threads regarding the topic if you use the search engine. I would take the percocets any day over an OP80.

So if you could get 25mgs worth of Percocets for the same price as OP80s you'd just get the Percocets?

Or if you could trade an OP80 for 40mgs or maybe 50mgs worth of Percocets would you just do that?

Please answer both. Everyone on this thread and everywhere else on the internet seems to be split on the entire OP80 subject.
Also, I have pretty much no tolerance so don't factor that in for me. Anything 15mg and above will get me high.

Although the op80 will give you a decent buzz, and is worth it.. youre opiate naive, so the ir would.be safer. Btw, percocets are oxycodone/apap, it seems youre getting oxycodone by its self, one more thing, I have noticed the lower dose the pill, the less effective it is e.g; 6, 5's are not as strong as one 30, maybe its just me..

- ...SS373dOH

Status
Not open for further replies.