• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How do I get rid of the chemical taste in my meth?

AshKillem

Greenlighter
I got a batch and it tastes like shit :( I was wondering how you can clean the meth? Is it possible? If you know how please go in detail. I heard something somewhere about re-cooking it or something like that, maybe it was just cleaning it, but it seemed difficult, but I got 2 g's of straight shit smell and I need to salvage what I can. Thanks guys! :) Please don't close this or remove, I'm just trying to figure this out and don't navigate well on bluelight.:?

Cleaning your dope is actually a kosher part of harm reduction, we just can't speculate on what might be stinking it up.

Normally I think it's a waste of time to wash crystal, but then, I've never had a batch that actually stank (besides like my weedy dealer's weedy fingers). And if I had stuff that smelled like straight shit, I'm not sure I'd want it even after washing. If it really is ripe, then it might have volatile compounds that acetone could actually help remove.

We have a protocol on site (you can UTFSE as well as I can). The one that seems to come up a lot, be warned, is for washing amphetamine paste, the stuff favored by Europeans and the British. Mostly it means the descriptions are strange, and if it's a paste, I'd expect more acetone-soluble matter it could potentially contain and make washing amph paste more worthwhile.

If you search for Le Junk's cocaine-washing protocol, the acetone step works just as well for meth. You'll want dry acetone, from a hardware store. Easiest is to just smash up your shit, put it in a coffee filter, and slowly pour a little dry acetone over it. Downside, is now your dope stinks a different way and you need to let it dry before using (which could take days).

The way to actually purify it is to recrystallize. That's more involved, and probably not worth it for just 2 grams. I'm not sure what the state of our protocols is on that, but Mr. geekin' B3AST made a thread with a good-looking procedure not more than six weeks ago.

A question some may wonder, is why haven't I myself posted a clean-up procedure? The answer is I've never bothered to clean my dope. I can critique the flammability-level or tweaker-confusion-aspects based on fielding hundreds of questions like this, but I figured it would be bad faith to write something I hadn't done.

But opportunity is coming, remind me in two weeks, and I'll give the two methods a shot. In the meantime, just UTFSE for "recrystalization" and "acetone wash".