• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health How do Americans without health insurance who are suffering from mental illness get their anti-psychotic medication??

The newer antipsychotics are expensive indeed, but since the patent of quetiapine and olanzapine has expired, there are a lot of cheap generic medications available.

Yea it really sucks because it can take like two years before you're approved for disability. I don't know who ends up paying but they aren't shy about pushing them on people, regardless of wealth.

Do they have to pay the full price for them out of their own pocket?

What about unemployed people with schizophrenia or PTSD who would function much better taking drugs like Seroquel or olanzapine is there government programs to supply them with the medication they need or do they need to go without?

If you're poor and broke you can damn near get the best insurance for free while you continue to waste all your money on bad choices, yet for me to cover my family with insurance that isn't even as good costs me $1200 a month.

Isn't that some shit.

Thank god for medicaid. (sticks tongue out) which if you are super poor you will get. But yes in america alot of us are paying straight out of pocket which makes a sub script nothing been green privelage. on an estimate depending id say 550 a month average 150-300 for the apt 150-500 for the pills.

What is your point? Dude doesn't deserve rehab because he is poor? Is addiction a disease or repeated bad choices, honestly I think the latter but the little dsmv book says differently. The diseased deserve treatment.

this person mentioned nothing about there life other than cold factual #'s and the opinion not paying "rocks" which it umm does compared to paying. (ive done both lol). How you can condemn people so quickly and give other people *cough that indicted president* so many many chances. But I will not insult your intelligence and assume you are pro trump.