• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How did opiates change your relationship with other drugs?

billkankers

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'm interested to know in which way did opiates use change your relationship with other substances.

For me, they made me realize the actual high of other drugs is not all good psychoactive effects. For instance, weed can be a good time, but it can also be quite anxious, quite dysphoric (growing up I was a die-hard “smoke weed everyday” kid). Cocaine can be a bit of a dirty high compared to opiates and can also make you paranoid, easily irritable. Used to look forward into doing psychedelics but ever since opiates they became boring and underwhelming.

In the end, opiates made all other substances unappealing the the point I'm only interested in feeling the opiate buzz.

This is a common reaction I have read multiple times on this forum.
I have only smoked Opium (edit)9 years ago, and I have no interest in taking any more opioids. They just seem to take the fun out of everything else.

Personally I smoke my medical cannabis like a MF when I'm high on opiates.

i started freebasing coke in 1979 10 years later i was putting heroin on top of my crack then i just did heroin..i like "going to the movies" and the warm itch

Little teenager me first tried, hash, weed, base amphetamine (not meth just UK spped paste) coke, valium, crack then after trying those I tried heroin and I found what I was looking for that become the only drug I wanted, I'm clean off that but still prefer opioids but it's pills now, or was I'm trying to be good, probably because I can only find crap pills

Little teenager me first tried, hash, weed, base amphetamine (not meth just UK spped paste) coke, valium, crack then after trying those I tried heroin and I found what I was looking for that become the only drug I wanted, I'm clean off that but still prefer opioids but it's pills now, or was I'm trying to be good, probably because I can only find crap pills
Sounds like you should join the Dark Side... there are good pills.

Sounds like you should join the Dark Side... there are good pills

Dark net? I have no idea how to and no computer just a phone, and people are getting ripped of with K on there, and pills, I can get tramadol, co codamol, codeine, subs but they are not for me, no oxys no DHC about, I want pills that do what they say, downers that are downers, but no everything seems to be stimulating, what the fuck is up with that man lol how is an opioid stimulating its messed up lol

Well because I can't find anything I give up, I'll go drug free as I'm done with trying to find pills to help me today was not fun

Opiates didn't really change my reaction to any other drugs... maybe they made me more susceptible to the reward pathway if anything. Stinulants however, ruined most drugs for me.

Most opioids are stimulating for me, up until a certain point, and I never really feel "sleepy" on a nod per say
It does my head in I've tried almost all of them and it happens on everything, I don't remember heroin being stimulating, why can't they re-create that in a pill as oxy clearly ain't that much the same

well if you can get diamorphine pills that is heroin pills, not sure they exist and to close to heroin for an ex addict lol but still it's stupid that they're are all these so called downers and every dam one acts like an upper, even benzos, the more I take the more chatty and productive I get, I just want to chill and feel calm and relaxed man lol, without going back on heroin

It does my head in I've tried almost all of them and it happens on everything, I don't remember heroin being stimulating, why can't they re-create that in a pill as oxy clearly ain't that much the same

well if you can get diamorphine pills that is heroin pills, not sure they exist and to close to heroin for an ex addict lol but still it's stupid that they're are all these so called downers and every dam one acts like an upper, even benzos, the more I take the more chatty and productive I get, I just want to chill and feel calm and relaxed man lol, without going back on heroin
Ketamine+benzos

I was addicted to both, benzos for years and K for about a year so I've had to stop both, not took them in around 4 months, benzos longer actually, but yeah those 2 are my favourite especially K
I tried them recently together for the first time, and it was supremely relaxing, K usually makes me more manic after a while, but with the benzos pure relaxation peace ✌ but maybe lost a bit of the sparkle of K

I tried them recently together for the first time, and it was supremely relaxing, K usually makes me more manic after a while, but with the benzos pure relaxation peace ✌ but maybe lost a bit of the sparkle of K

Yeah it dulls it so I didn't do together very often, but benzos mellow it too, which can be good, I used to do K then take benzos or zopiclone once it had wore off to get to sleep as can't sleep o n K

So now I'm trying to find other stuff to help my anxiety etc but nothing beats K, I used it for fibromyalgia and depression aswell as anxiety and for fun, but it got really shit round here though, bashed cut crap due to lockdown so I stopped buying it, it's strange but loads of ex heroin addicts seem to like K, and loads of people who like K like opioids

Dark net? I have no idea how to and no computer just a phone, and people are getting ripped of with K on there, and pills, I can get tramadol, co codamol, codeine, subs but they are not for me, no oxys no DHC about, I want pills that do what they say, downers that are downers, but no everything seems to be stimulating, what the fuck is up with that man lol how is an opioid stimulating its messed up lol

Well because I can't find anything I give up, I'll go drug free as I'm done with trying to find pills to help me today was not fun
There's probably just as many people getting bunk product or getting ripped off on the street as well. But it's not for everyone for sure. I've personally never *allegedly* used it I just study it. Yeah.

Sorry you're only getting low tier opioids. As far as those go I usually prefer some good old fashioned kratom. Opioids are commonly stimulating in a sense on certain doses. They do activate your endorphin system.

Drug free isn't a bad thing, I support your efforts.

Yeah it dulls it so I didn't do together very often, but benzos mellow it too, which can be good, I used to do K then take benzos or zopiclone once it had wore off to get to sleep as can't sleep o n K

So now I'm trying to find other stuff to help my anxiety etc but nothing beats K, I used it for fibromyalgia and depression aswell as anxiety and for fun, but it got really shit round here though, bashed cut crap due to lockdown so I stopped buying it, it's strange but loads of ex heroin addicts seem to like K, and loads of people who like K like opioids
As a real alcoholic and heroin addict, I can attest that K, and others, are fucking rad and it's like the best parts of downers mixed with psychedelia. Kinda perfect. But it can get dark. But I love the dark, so.

Sorry you're only getting low tier opioids. As far as those go I usually prefer some good old fashioned kratom. Opioids are commonly stimulating in a sense on certain doses. They do activate your endorphin system

I tried Kratom but it's to weak for me, tried 2 different types red vien and something else started on 3 grams went up to 10 grams, it just made me feel like I'd had coffee, which was again stimulating, and I don't like uppers, well I used to like uppers at raves, but not to just sit around the house or to be social, I've not been outside much in weeks because of anxiety hence why I even got desperate enough to try bupe today as I've had enough of my bad mental health making me not see my friend and to scared to go out the house, only quickly shopping and back home

Drug free isn't a bad thing, I support your efforts

Thankyou, I'll see how it goes, I have 2 CBD joints to try at some point, not sure that's technically a drug though lol