• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How dangerous is 350 mg of tramadol?

without regard to general opiate tolerance, anything above 200mg of tramadol will make me feel sick. even when using dope that equates to hundreds of milligrams of oxycodone a day.

seizures become an issue with high dose tramadol.

They quote 400mg I think as the limit in a day and after that, seizure becomes a risk- but that’s what they say, I did several times more than that and not 1 seizure buuuutttt I was using it almost daily so I had built a tolerance.
Saying all that- as long as you aren’t seizure prone and/or tend to have a low tolerance, you should be fine albeit possibly nauseous in moments.
+
Always have a naloxone kit on you!

Are you with someone? Can u call someone to come over or stay on the phone with you?
It’s fucking cheesy but it’s soooo true - relapse is a part of recovery’
Is this your first several 8 months consecutive sobriety? Because that is a fucking huge accomplishment! You didn’t lose anything tonight, you are learning and figuring sobriety out- as long as you use it for learning about what you need and what your triggers are....making the choice to hold off on the rest of the stash you have shows that already.

Its all conjecture, and a large part is how efficiently you metabolize tramadol to its more potent metabolite to o-desmethyltramadol. 350mg probably wont result in an OD, but if youre taking a serotonergic antidepressant you could potentially be at risk for serotonin syndrome, and doses of 400mg+ reduce ones seizure threshold.

I used to do 500mg all the time with Pakistan brands. I got some UK tramadol that was stronger from a pharmacy here, I had two seizures using 500mg.

One I had stopped benzos 7 days before and was in opiate withdrawal but it was really bad I had to goto hospital.

200mg tops

Many a long time ago, I used to have a stack of sheets of 6 50mg tablets, so 300mg, I took it in 300mg doses, always with little or no tolerance. However, it almost always made me quick sick (for a couple days sometimes) and the buzz was mild at best.

I took fifty trying to od but am on seizure meds just made me sleep for ages did take forty mg diazepam with it you should be ok just don't go above 400 as that's max dose

My max is 150 MG. Usually 100 is plenty. Tramadol gets me jacked, I fucking love it. I have plenty of energy after taking them. I hate the sweats, though.

OD from that is pretty much impossible.
I used to take up to 1200mg a day for 3.5 years and never had a seizure or any symptoms of OD at all.

It depends on your individual chemistry/metabolism. I don't metabolize it very well or something, so for me, when I was using opiates, I could take 400-500mg and be fine, in fact not even get a very strong high. No shaking or anything. But seizures are the biggest risk with tramadol and some people are really sensitive. My oldest friend was addicted to heroin on and off, and sometimes he'd go through tramadol phases when he got off heroin. Despite having a really high tolerance, he would only take 150mg of tramadol MAX... he said he took 200mg once and almost had a seizure, he was shaking uncontrollably and felt like he was losing consciousness and ended up taking a benzo to relax. He said 100mg was usually enough for him and that it was one of his favorite highs. Totally different from my own experience.

If you've never taken it before, start low, like 50-100mg. You can always take more next time, but if you're sensitive to it, you could die from taking 350mg or at least be in serious trouble. Tramadol is quite variable in how it affects people.

Risk for seizure at doses above 300mg daily I Believe. I had a scary experience when I was on tramadol a few years back. I was taking about six tablets a day 50 mg each, and one day I was watching a YouTube video on my phone and I became very dizzy my head was burning so bad I fell to the ground and look for the phone to call 911, my left leg was shaking for about an hour after that .I forced myself not to call an ambulance. Any suggestions what this is? Was it a seizure coming on?

It seems like it is a "swim at your own risk" situation. Many above have stated that they may take as many as 20+ 50mg pills without seizures but for others only 350mg was enough to induce them.

Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol
Mean tramadol intake does not differ between patients with and without seizure, and the most common dose range in those with seizure is 500–1000 mg. We thus conclude that the incidence of seizure with tramadol is not dose dependent.

I have had a seizure from taking this exact dose of tramadol within a 24 hour period (not even all at once) despite the fact I was also on benzos at the time. I say be very very careful with things like this.

With tramadol the best way to dose is to start with about 100-150mg then redose by 50mg every few hours. Each 50mg redose feels as strong as the initial dose.

But really for the purposes of HR I recommend using a "real" opiate. As in, tramadol is a synthetic SNRI that happens to also agonise the opioid receptors. That's why it causes seizures. If you take a natural or semi-synthetic opiate - codeine and morphine are examples of natural opiates, dihydrocodeine and hydrocodone are examples of semi-synthetic opiates - there is no significant seizure risk and it's much safer.

Obviously keep the general HR advice for opioids in mind when you take any of them especially the addiction potential, but that level of seizure risk is something quite unique to tramadol.