How common is "HGH gut" when using light to moderate doses (4-5iu's)?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Im looking into starting some HGH (probably next cycle). But I'm worried about getting the "HGH gut". Would using 4-5iu's daily cause that? Or is that mainly caused by super-high doses?

Thanks,

Chris

Super high doses combined with insulin. I know a few people who've been on 4-5iu/day for years and still have nice tight waist.

Im looking into starting some HGH (probably next cycle). But I'm worried about getting the "HGH gut". Would using 4-5iu's daily cause that? Or is that mainly caused by super-high doses?

Thanks,

Chris

I know hGH is associated with abdominal enlargement, but what else also happens when you are on a cycle.?
Carbohydrate intake increases, which can induce chronic elevation of insulin, which is more likely to increase adipose and visceral fat stores, via LPL, and HSL...

I think a lot of it is individual. The most have ever run for prep was 6iu and usually stuck to ~4iu or so and I’ve definitely noticed some changes in my waist. Definitely thicker and my ab structure has changed some. Never gonna happen like it does with some pros though

I think a lot of it is individual. The most have ever run for prep was 6iu and usually stuck to ~4iu or so and I’ve definitely noticed some changes in my waist. Definitely thicker and my ab structure has changed some. Never gonna happen like it does with some pros though

Did you also increase food intake, mainly carbs at the same time as introducing hGH..?

I know hGH is associated with abdominal enlargement, but what else also happens when you are on a cycle.?
Carbohydrate intake increases, which can induce chronic elevation of insulin, which is more likely to increase adipose and visceral fat stores, via LPL, and HSL...
Thanks for the replies fellas! I thought HGH was good at decreasing fat (adipose and VFS)? Not that that's my goal, my BF% is already pretty low. Im not familiar with LPL or HSL.

And thats good, I DEFINITELY don't want to get it as bad as the Pro's (if it does happen) lol

Did you also increase food intake, mainly carbs at the same time as introducing hGH..?

Not really actually. I mean it’s been over periods of years so food has been up and down obviously.

I first introduced (was able to get my hands on it lol) growth when I was about 21 junior year of college. I was a swimmer in high school (6’1 @ 140lbs) so I was on a non stop bulk train from like 17-18 years old to 20-21.

At that point my physique was developed enough I didn’t need to keep doing that and started getting more consious about being/staying lean.

First cut I used it was August/September of 2014 for a photo shoot at the Mr Olympia after I got back from a study abroad in Australia.

Took about a year to start seeing changes although the general trend in food from that time until now has been decreasing food intake (and increasing quality). Obviously it’s difficult to attribute it just to growth as things change over time but that first year I saw enough significant changes that I definitely believe it was the growth.

Never really returned to normal although I’ve been off HGH for about a month right now and I do notice that when I go off for longer period of times my waist will tighten back up just slightly. I’ve got photos (need to post, I know lol) actually from cuts about a year apart before and after growth and my midsection never got/gets as tight/dry as it used to.

That said, I do have ulcerative colitis that went undiagnosed for some time so I won’t pretend like that couldn’t probably somewhat of a confounding variable.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies fellas! I thought HGH was good at decreasing fat (adipose and VFS)? Not that that's my goal, my BF% is already pretty low. Im not familiar with LPL or HSL.

And thats good, I DEFINITELY don't want to get it as bad as the Pro's (if it does happen) lol

LPL lipoprotein lipase.. Fills fat cells
HSL hormone specific lipase.. Stops fat cells from emptying..

LPL lipoprotein lipase.. Fills fat cells
HSL hormone specific lipase.. Stops fat cells from emptying..
Ahhh I see, very interesting! Once you stop taking HGH would you be able to lose that fat caused by LPL/HSL or is that permenent?

It is caused by insulin release from high carbs, not hGH... Sorry I wasn't clear...
So if I were to watch my diet and focus on protein and "moderate carbs" during my "off-season", HGH gut wouldn't happen? Secondary from fat caused my LPL/HSL increase. (Adding adipose and VFS fat).

Like I said, id only use like 4-5iu.

Sorry, just trying to learn lol

Thanks!