• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

How can speed come in "base" form

Gaffy

Bluelighter
Is it mixed as a positively charged amine with caffeine base?

Yeh, it's just a marketing ploy. Wet stuff was often perceived as fresh because it stunk to high heaven and therefore must be good. Dealers picked up on this and started adding water or acetone to their shit gear to produce a messy paste.

The fact remains that well made amphetamine sulphate should be a white dry powder with little to no smell. Anything other than that is the result of lazy arse chemists or greedy dealers.

Yeh, it's just a marketing ploy. Wet stuff was often perceived as fresh because it stunk to high heaven and therefore must be good. Dealers picked up on this and started adding water or acetone to their shit gear to produce a messy paste.

The fact remains that well made amphetamine sulphate should be a white dry powder with little to no smell. Anything other than that is the result of lazy arse chemists or greedy dealers.
Correct

freebase amphetamine is a volatile liquid that smells "fecal" (according to leffingwell)...

Caustic as well..

Can only reiterate it’s just wet Amp sulphate.

-GC

I was under the strong impression that amphetamine sulfate is hygroscopic so at anything more than 50% purity it quickly turns into an awful mess. That, so I am told, is why Russian chemists make amphetamine phosphate. I do not trust street speed one bit. A mere glimpse of the methods used put me off for life.

Amphetamine hydrochloride is hygroscopic but I don't think the sulfate is that's why they always make amp sulfate

Amphetamine hydrochloride is hygroscopic but I don't think the sulfate is that's why they always make amp sulfate

When pure, it's LESS hygroscopic and given the dilution of medical preparations, adequate. For uncut amphetamine, the 50% purity limit applies and even that turns into a paste over a few weeks. I think sulfate is still made because cooks teach cooks but the phosphate is well documented.

As a theoretical question, can a mixture of a liquid and a solid freebase alkaloid (e.g. amphetamine and caffeine) be a crystalline solid? Usually mixtures just have lower melting point than pure compounds, but not sure about this.

As a theoretical question, can a mixture of a liquid and a solid freebase alkaloid (e.g. amphetamine and caffeine) be a crystalline solid? Usually mixtures just have lower melting point than pure compounds, but not sure about this.

Melting point depression can lead to a eutectic mixture but will it be crystalline? It depends on the compounds in question but likely not.

According to my experience you have amp sulphate
And racemic amphetamine base ( both isomers )
Both parent amps
The racemic one also has no sulphur atom
However , it is possible that it could be differing in the moler ratio that allows for switching up of your stash to prolong a session.

I've just been watching a video on you tube and it seems base Amphetamine is made via distilling .
I would be interested to no if one can get a yield of base without distilling ?

From my knowledge you I think you could get at amphetamine base via a dichloramethane/difluromethane extraction

Amphetamine base is a volatile liquid, according to Leffingwell the L-isomer is "musty" and the D-isomer is "fecal". The combination is known to have a "distinct" odor, i.e. it smells like musty shit. It's also flammable. SWGDRUG sez: the base has a boiling point of about 203C. It's also known to be corrosive, because, y'know, it's a base.
However , it is possible that it could be differing in the moler ratio that allows for switching up of your stash to prolong a session.
There is zero reason to use amphetamine in base form, though it is intersting to note that it was distributed as base form (absorbed onto a cotton ball) in the Benzedrex inhaler at one time... you'd inhale and it would provide a dose of the volatile amphetamine right to your lungs, where it decongested you! Or you just stuffed the whole cotton into your coffee and had a blast instead.

I've just been watching a video on you tube and it seems base Amphetamine is made via distilling .
I would be interested to no if one can get a yield of base without distilling ?

[...]

From my knowledge you I think you could get at amphetamine base via a dichloramethane/difluromethane extraction
What are we "getting" amphetamine base from? Sure you can distill it (under vacuum preferably - 80C at 10mmHg), or extract with a variety of solvents (though difluoromethane is a gas at r.t. - boils at like -52C - so you'd need some crazy pressure vessel setup to use that) but that implies you're seperating the base from some mixture of other things.

If you are trying to convert amphetamine salts of any sort to base, then simply dissolve it in water, then add alkali solution (e.g. sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide etc) until it all oils out, then extract with whatever nonpolar solvent you have handy, dry over magnesium sulfate (or whatever), then remove the extra nonpolar solvent by distillation.

Unfortunately the end result is a stinky oil that will burn your skin or lips if it touches them, might catch fire if you try to smoke it over a flame, etc. So there is literally no advantage to this.

Amphetamine base is a volatile liquid, according to Leffingwell the L-isomer is "musty" and the D-isomer is "fecal". The combination is known to have a "distinct" odor, i.e. it smells like musty shit. It's also flammable. SWGDRUG sez: the base has a boiling point of about 203C. It's also known to be corrosive, because, y'know, it's a base.

There is zero reason to use amphetamine in base form, though it is intersting to note that it was distributed as base form (absorbed onto a cotton ball) in the Benzedrex inhaler at one time... you'd inhale and it would provide a dose of the volatile amphetamine right to your lungs, where it decongested you! Or you just stuffed the whole cotton into your coffee and had a blast instead.

What are we "getting" amphetamine base from? Sure you can distill it (under vacuum preferably - 80C at 10mmHg), or extract with a variety of solvents (though difluoromethane is a gas at r.t. - boils at like -52C - so you'd need some crazy pressure vessel setup to use that) but that implies you're seperating the base from some mixture of other things.

If you are trying to convert amphetamine salts of any sort to base, then simply dissolve it in water, then add alkali solution (e.g. sodium carbonate, sodium hydroxide etc) until it all oils out, then extract with whatever nonpolar solvent you have handy, dry over magnesium sulfate (or whatever), then remove the extra nonpolar solvent by distillation.

Unfortunately the end result is a stinky oil that will burn your skin or lips if it touches them, might catch fire if you try to smoke it over a flame, etc. So there is literally no advantage to this.

That's valuable I shall happily take this on board,
I don't like to faulsly profess information particularly that of wich is dangerous . Thank you for your time!