• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin how can i minimize the scars from my drug use

Tacoma

Bluelighter
Dont get me wrong i love opiate itch, i love to get high and sit there and scratch but my whole body especially my legs are FULL of scars from the itching and my arms are full of track marks. Summers coming i can't wear long sleeves forever. I can feel people judging me when im not all coverd up. Is there a way i can minimize the scars and the itch? What helps get rid of tracks my veins look kinda a dark purple from shooting up.

You can't wear sleeves all summer in the Puget Sound? Yeah I guess it gets pretty hot sometimes. If you can invent the solution it could make millions. Arm make-up?

Well honestly weather wise i could get away with it but lets be honest clothes suck

Bepanthem nappy rash cream, Humeroid hemroid cream or Bio Oil. All are sold at chemists and are great for scars and vein care. Also check out tattoo creams, most use Bepanthem though.

Loooovvvee the itch, I could just scratch scratch scratch all night long... I was never worried about being judged, that's just a problem you're gonna have to come to terms with personally.

Ive tried bio oil i think it helped some what but not as much as i'd have liked it too so finally i was like fuck it and got a tattoo over the scar but im not gonna cover my whole body in tattoos because of scars

Hey Tacoma do you live in Tacoma or do u drive a Toyota Tacoma?

I really don't think there's much you can do in this department aside from the usual regimes for scars: vitamin e, aloe vera, antibiotic lotion/neosporen, etc..

The only thing that ever made my track marks go away was subsiding from shooting up. Even so, I've some I don't think are ever going away.

But, my god, how hard are y'all itching. Don't get me wrong I loove the itch as much as the next guy and I've never hid myself from being a noddy itchy euphoric mess in public. I guess its usually my face I'm itching like a madman; Maybe there's a scar or two under this beard of mine. Judging glances are definitely something you'll just have to accept unfortunately because people aren't going to stop judging anytime soon.

"I'm a loser and a user so I don't need no accuser
To try and slag me down because I know you're right.."

-Green Day

I don't care too much what the normal day to day person thinks but it does get in the way of jobs and whatnot. also i am ashamed when say im out with a guy and trying to look hot but im coverd in scars and tracks especially when you do take off your clothes and u feel them looking at what you've done to yourself. And to make matters worse i don't just get a little itchy i get it the worst when im going to sleep and i itch until i bleed. Opium being a blood thinner theres blood everywhere.

O man, sounds like you might get the itch worst than most. I'm sure you've also worn down your skin in the usual spot you itch and just keep peeling off scabs from the previous nights. Have you tried just using benedryl? I've heard from some that it was actually effective somewhat in combating the itch. Of course, it's also a powerful opiate potentiator, so watch out. Really, micro doses.
I can relate on the scars being most shaming when you're with someone. For the most part I don't give a fuck about about track marks, but when I'm with, or often just talking to, a girl and I see her seeing them and then immediately changing the way she sees me.. yeah, there's nothing for that aside from finding the type of person who won't look at you different after knowing that. Can't say I've found many people like that. It definitely sucks; if there was someway to magically hide tracks I wish I knew.

Last edited:
Have you tried just using benedryl? I've heard from some that it was actually effective somewhat in combating the itch. Of course, it's also a power opiate potentiator, so watch out. Really, micro doses.
What exactly do u mean when u say its a "power opiate potentiator"?... I take benadryl every night to sleep, with opiates most of the time.

I mean they potentiate opiates.. and they're pretty good at it. I'm suprised you've never noticed if you've taken both, honestly. Not saying it's going to kill you, with a tolerance it likely wouldn't be allll that noticeable. But, yeah, I know some people that carry a bottle a liquid benedryl to help them get higher.

As silly as it sounds, I'm pretty sure the term "cheesing" when it comes to drug slang, is you've heard of it, refers to diphenhydramine and heroin.

O and I meant powerful, if that clears things up. But don't get me wrong, they're much stronger potentiators out there.

I mean they potentiate opiates.. and they're pretty good at it. I'm suprised you've never noticed if you've taken both, honestly. Not saying it's going to kill you, with a tolerance it likely wouldn't be allll that noticeable. But, yeah, I know some people that carry a bottle a liquid benedryl to help them get higher.

As silly as it sounds, I'm pretty sure the term "cheesing" when it comes to drug slang, is you've heard of it, refers to diphenhydramine and heroin.
Really?! haha thats interesting.
Sometimes I take like 10-15 benadryl with my suboxone and it gives me a speedy effect, but doesn't really get me "higher"... I'll have to give it a try with heroin next time and test your theory out...

Really?! haha thats interesting.
Sometimes I take like 10-15 benadryl with my suboxone and it gives me a speedy effect, but doesn't really get me "higher"... I'll have to give it a try with heroin next time and test your theory out...

Yeah, man, definitely an interesting and unexpected combination. If you just do a quick google search of diphenhydramine and heroin you'll get a bunch of hits, actually the wikipedia page for "cheese" comes up first. I've never actually combined them so don't hold me accountable for its possible ineffectiveness. But, it's worth looking into if you're trying to get more bang for your buck.

I did have one friend who's word on this stuff I'd trust who, for a while, would always be carrying around a bottle of zzzquil with him. He swore by the stuff.

Make-up works wonders for last minute touch-ups. I never thought I'd find myself trying to match the right foundation to my skin type at a macy's counter, oh the depths to which we sink.

On the prevention side of things. Use a new needle every time, clean the area of penetration (isopropyl, bleach, even some 40 proof liquor will work better than nothing). I shot up for years and still have both of my main veins, with some slight hints of scarring. I'm not as hardcore as some people though, when you're deep in an addiction and already 7 dollars short, spending 3 dollars on a pack of rigs can sound like a crazy idea.

I cant give you any advice as to cover up tracks, my best advice is to use clean works every time.. You would be surprised the difference a clean spike will do.. dull ones are not only highly bacterial and dangerous for that reason alone, theyre also dull, rough on the veins as well as the skin. GO to a search engine and see images of magnified syringe tips after one or 2 uses, its quite disturbing

I definitely have a problem with using clean equipment (i know all the risks with dirty equipment) I'll use the same needle over and over again until its too dull for the shot I've gotten sick a few times from doing that but an antibiotic usually clears that right up. I'll give the benadryl a try ive coverd my veins in make up before im just not gonna go through that everyday so i olny make up my arms on special occasion (job interviews seeing family etc) and "siq" i live in tacoma