• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How can I avoid WD ?

mike.vick

Bluelighter
I've had no tolerance but I have snorted 2x 8mg dilaudids and 1.75 bags of heroin throughout 5 of the past 8 days with a 3 day break in the middle. I got 1.25 bags of heroin left and I want to avoid any major withdrawal. How can I do this?

Did you like the heroin? If so, good luck on doing it once in a while......

Try doing it once a week......

I've only bought heroin less than ten times, about a month and a half apart. Withdrawals are wayyy to strong for weekly use for me. After this go, hopefully it will be at the very least 2-3 months before falling off again.

Last edited:
Do you think the WDs will be bad just from a week of moderate use? before the WDs off .5g were brutal but this is .2g and 2x 8mg diluadid.

they'll still be withdrawals... there's no avoiding it.

Can you wean yourself off and lessen WDs effectively? I have about 25% of the total consumed left to wean.

not as a short term thing, not really.

i mean on paper you can always take so little that it just keeps w/d away and wait until you're just about back in w/d before you redose. but in reality people make excuses to get high.

Unless you've had severe opiate addiction to other opiates/(oids) you shouldn't really suffer that much.. If you've only done heroin 10 times (or 10 benders) and you've now only used for 5 of 8 days, you really shouldn't be going into severe withdrawals.. With prolonged use; yes eventually you start withdrawing after only a day or two's use, despite lengthy breaks, but when you're early on, you should be able to use a LOT more frequently than that without getting into serious w/d territory.

I mean, everyone is different I guess, but I really don't think you should suffer too much. That said - I've always found cough syrup that contains dihydrocodeine really, really helps and is a pretty easy taper. I wouldn't recommend anything stronger than that at this stage (methadone, bupe, etc) else you'll just compound your problems.

I HIGHLY doubt you will experience anything even closely related to what you would call "severe withdrawal". Although, you didn't happen to mention how much heroin was in each "bag"....so if your bags each had like 3 grams in them, then my answer to you would be that you will definitely have at the least... moderate WD symptoms.

The average bag I used to get had around 2-3 grams in it. It all depends on how much you bought I guess(as well as the quality).