• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How bad will my withdrawals be? Any advice?

trippy_kitty

Greenlighter
I know this has been asked/answered before but not for my duration of use. I've been using heroin for a month straight. I'm tired of feeling anxiety around the corner, not being able to orgasm, plus my bday is april 9th and I want to be sober and enjoy it plus i'm also very mean to my boyfriend since I started. :( Anyways how bad will my withdrawals be? Any estimations would be helpful and a time line. Also what can I take/do to help the w/ds? Literally any suggestions would help. I once came across a list of meds/supplements/advice for this but can't find it. I have around 30, 300 mg gabapentin laying around. I also have 2 mg klonopin I take twice a day and as needed. Don't coach me on benzos, I would never get mentally addicted to them as I only use them for anxiety for years now but if they help with the w/ds I would take them as extra. I can also get ahold of some vailum. I don't smoke weed and don't like it so that's not an option. I heard kratom is good? I can also get ahold of suboxone from a friend but I heard i'm too short term to start that and theres many downfalls to it as well. So yeah any advice is appreciated or how you went through your w/ds and a time line. Also how bad will mine be, I know you can't give an exact answer but a guess or estimation would be helpful. Thanks! :D

If you have been using for a short time and this is your first withdrawal, this will be easier than usual. I don't know how much you have been using but it should last a week. The first 3 days are the worst and I suggest you get support from someone you can trust.

If you do this now, you should know that you'll go through a lot of cravings, it's okay. Part of the process especially when things are just getting better, and of course in the very beginning (first 3-4 days). You should be fine in one week but sometimes people feel a bit depressed and blue right after things start to get back to 'normal'. Like I mentioned you may feel you can do it every here and then, but it doesn't really work like that IMO. Besides, it's harder to do it all over again. You can do this! Just live one day at a time, eat light food, lots of fluids and no alcohol. Baby steps.
Keep us posted!
Take care and good luck! :)

First is the easiest wd, But search the forums and you will find out what to expect. How much were you using and which way?

If you have been using for a short time and this is your first withdrawal, this will be easier than usual. I don't know how much you have been using but it should last a week. The first 3 days are the worst and I suggest you get support from someone you can trust.

If you do this now, you should know that you'll go through a lot of cravings, it's okay. Part of the process especially when things are just getting better, and of course in the very beginning (first 3-4 days). You should be fine in one week but sometimes people feel a bit depressed and blue right after things start to get back to 'normal'. Like I mentioned you may feel you can do it every here and then, but it doesn't really work like that IMO. Besides, it's harder to do it all over again. You can do this! Just live one day at a time, eat light food, lots of fluids and no alcohol. Baby steps.
Keep us posted!
Take care and good luck! :)
I've gone through oxy w/d twice a year apart from each other but it was so short term I only had w/ds for maybe 5 days each

First is the easiest wd, But search the forums and you will find out what to expect. How much were you using and which way?
I've gone through oxy w/d twice, a year apart and it was only like 5 days of w/d not so bad because such short term use. I was using oxy for a few months every now and then and then I got into dope and was using a little with my oxy and then like 4 points a day or something like that. Some days I couldn't get anything so I did just a point or so. Idk it's all estimated though

Withdrawals; Oh such a terrible word. If you are tough, you can get clean in 3 days. Lockdown in your b'room with a bucket and bedpan is the hardcore way but effective. I'm not that tough!

GL sweetheart

And water/some sugary things as well as the bucket.. PowerAde type drinks is good.. I couldn't hold anything at all down the last time I tried a Ct kick from a high dose, nothing at all. It felt like I was about to void my lungs out of my chest. Op, for your dosage you should be good with just a ct kick and not too much struggle, mostly psychological. If you have nausea, I found warm tea with honey helps alot.. Many ppl on here say things like loperamide, low dose sub taper etc but I'm not sure about that if it's physically necessary it's one thing but otherwise often times it's substituting one thing for a more legal, cost effective but equally debilitating other thing.. Take care

I've gone through oxy w/d twice a year apart from each other but it was so short term I only had w/ds for maybe 5 days each

5 days? that's basically the same length as heroin wd's
i've only taken oxy like, twice, but i'm pretty sure those wd's will be redolent to that of h.

oh and re.: subs. i very often deploy the Rapid Subutex Detox when i do want off (a few times a year) and
i tend to use about 4mgs (2 pills) to take the edge off of the wd's.
one whole pill for the first day symptoms appear, then half(ish) a pill the next - a little more than half but less than 3 quarters, half of that and then finally take whatever's left over for the final time.
seems kinda convoluted and you'll still feel iffy for the first few days of the detox but as long as i can sleep and go about my degenerate business then i'm happy.

That works at the beginning. For me it induced this mindset where i felt i had figured a regimen out where I could keep using. It does work in a pinch but it's *not* the answer to getting clean , not unless its doctor supervised and have at least an outpatient rehab after

Hi guys I'm a new member but I've been reading posts a long time. I have been doing up to 3 grams of some strong china for about 2 months as I ran into several thousand dollars recently. Now I'm spiralin the drain. Tried to quit for the first time and ive been in pain management for about 12 years so opiates are something I'm very tolerant to. Comin off this stuff is an absolute beast!!! I started wd so much faster than on pills and I have IVd the china. I absolutely feel like death. I just broke down and got a couple tenths to try and get some relief but the WDs are returning with a vengeance! Please help! I seriously feel like I'm gona die! The pain and restlessness are unbearable! I have zero pain meds to help and the last time I tried to come off with bupe it made it twice as bad! Idk what to do! Nothing is helping! Omg what have I done?? I've never known anyone to do this much let alone do it then quit cold turkey. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated guys.

Hi guys I'm a new member but I've been reading posts a long time. I have been doing up to 3 grams of some strong china for about 2 months as I ran into several thousand dollars recently. Now I'm spiralin the drain. Tried to quit for the first time and ive been in pain management for about 12 years so opiates are something I'm very tolerant to. Comin off this stuff is an absolute beast!!! I started wd so much faster than on pills and I have IVd the china. I absolutely feel like death. I just broke down and got a couple tenths to try and get some relief but the WDs are returning with a vengeance! Please help! I seriously feel like I'm gona die! The pain and restlessness are unbearable! I have zero pain meds to help and the last time I tried to come off with bupe it made it twice as bad! Idk what to do! Nothing is helping! Omg what have I done?? I've never known anyone to do this much let alone do it then quit cold turkey. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated guys.
Welcome Baby, you will get better replies starting your own thread. As you are doing; this is called hijacking a thread and it isn't something that is appreciated but being new it is understandable. You can pm (ask) a moderator and they can start you a thread for you with your post.
best regards