• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How bad is occasional Cocaine use ?

scubajunky

Greenlighter
Hi All,
I have been using cocaine on and off for the last five or six years. I never buy it, I never seek it, I just seem to end up in parties where it is being done and when I am drunk I cannot say no !!
On a few occasions I have shared an 8 ball with someone ( 3.5 grams ) but that has only happened a handful of times, normally it is about .3 to .5 of a gram consumption. this year I have only done it about 5 times but I have had spell where I have done it every week for about a month and then a month or so off. I would rarely consume more than 1 gram.
I acknowledge that I have issues with alcohol and no will power and that I need to stop doing it but have I done any serious harm to myself ? i am low for two or three days after using it now when I do do it and it is more out of guilt.
I want to stop doing this to myself.

There is a risk of death from heart attack from using cocaine. Other than that, you should be alright. It won't cause serious brain damage or anything like that. I used to smoke crack all the time and I don't have any lasting effects from it, but I stopped because of the heart attack risk. A couple times I almost had a heart attack from it.